I have maximum security and the icon has disappeared, I can't open the application and it shows last updated 10th July, 21 days ago???
I emailed support but no reply and am concerned for security if anyone can help please. Thx J
Thank you to your comment Tom Emmelot, we appreciate your help.
Hi jryan , I understand that your Trend Micro program shortcut icon disappeared on your desktop. There are many reasons why this kind of issue happens.
- First of all, if you have other users of the computer who accidentally deleted the icon or uninstalled the program.
- Second, if it's due to an incomplete installation of a newer version of the program (the newer version uninstalls the older version but was not able to proceed that might be caused by power interruption, etc).
No worries, we may just need to reinstall the program regardless the reason or the root cause. But before we proceed, let's check your Control Panel first if you can see the Trend Micro program on the list of installed programs.
- Please press the Windows key (located between the Ctrl and Alt key) and R key on your keyboard to open the Run Command window. Type in "appwiz.cpl" and press enter to open the list of installed programs on your computer.
- Once that's open, check if you see the Trend Micro Maximum Security program on the list.
- If the program is on the list, please click on the Start button > All Apps/All Programs > Trend Micro. Open the Trend Micro Maximum Security.
- The shortcut icon is commonly found on C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Titanium\UIFramework\uiWinMgr.exe
- Right-click on that and then choose "Send to > Desktop (create shortcut)"
Installing Maximum Security Program
Regarding on your email case, please expect a reply within 24 hours after it's been submitted but you can refer to that case moving forward if it's more convenient for you.
Thanks so much for posting here and have a great day! :)
Trend Micro Home Users Community
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.