MSVCR110.dll cannot be found

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • In Progress
  • (Edited)
Hello, for the past few weeks I am receiving an error message - MSVCR110.dll cannot be found - wasn't sure what this was but now realize my trend internet security is not running because of this. I'm asked to reinstall the program however, I am not able to do this. Whenever I click the icon to open trend, I get the message. Please advise or if possible resend a link to re-load the security. Thank you. 
Photo of dptwiss60

dptwiss60

• 70 Points

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik, Employee

• 5,482 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi dptwiss60 and welcome to the community!

Thanks so much for posting here.

It's unfortunate to hear from you that you are getting an error message "MSVCR110.dll cannot be found" and is unable to open the Trend Micro program due to that. This is happening due to a corrupted file or due to a software/hardware failure but we can solve it by just reinstalling the Trend Micro program.

First, we'll be uninstalling the program securely by using the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- Please press the Windows key (located between the Ctrl and Alt key) and R key on your keyboard to open the Run Command window.
- Type in "supporttool.exe" without the quotations and press on Enter.
- Go to Uninstall tab and click "Uninstall the Software".
- Please restart the computer to save changes made on the computer.

Lastly, kindly refer on the link below for the installation guidelines in installing Trend Micro Internet Security purchased from BestBuy:
Installing Trend Micro Security purchased from Best Buy

For future concerns, you may contact Best Buy Technical Support which is the GeekSquad: 1 800 433 5778 (Open 24/7).

I hope this is helpful. Please let us know if you need further help.

Thank you and have a great weekend! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community