microsoft office 2007

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
Just installed trend micro 11.1 and now nothing in microsoft office 2007 works, word, excel, outlook etc. The programs work fine once trend security is exited.
Photo of rknoke

rknoke

• 60 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of rknoke

rknoke

• 60 Points
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled microsoft 2007.

Just install latest trend micro software and now no microsoft office 2007 programs work e.g. outlook , word, excel. All have error application was unable to start properly. Programs work okay if I exit trend security
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello rknoke ! Welcome to the community!
To start, we would like to inform you that we have merged the two of your posts as we have found it to have the same content.

We do apologize about the inconvenience that this has caused you. We will be doing our best to help you with this.

I would suggest that you run our hotfix available on our Support Site. You can follow the steps but before that, make sure that your user profile has the administrative privileges.

See this link for the guide.

[Hotfix] Unable to open Microsoft Office 2016 apps when Trend Micro Security is enabled

Also, make sure that the Trend Micro Program is working as expected before running this fix so it will take full effect.

Let us know if the fix helped.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of rknoke

rknoke

• 60 Points
'fix did not work unfortunately. Still can't use exiting outlook 2007, word etc.
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello rknoke ! Thanks for your quick response

Can you help us isolate this problem? We will be temporarily disabling a setting from the Diagnostic Toolkit. Here is how you do it.
  1.  On your keyboard, press Windows key + key to open the Run command.
  2.  Type "SupportTool.exe" on the open field, then click OK.
  3.  Select (B) Threats tab, untick Pause User Mode Hooking to disable it.
  4.  Restart your computer.
After this, kindly try accessing your Office Applications. We will be waiting for the results!

Also, do not forget to re enable the setting that we have disabled to make sure that the Trend Micro Program is working as expected.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 2,574 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
@rknoke: First follow the steps mentioned by TM_Kiko. 

As for a personal experience using old version of MS Office, I had a similar experience than yours. Back then I was using i think AVG/Avast (few years ago) one day MS Office Starter version won't open at all even though i disabled the antivirus. I then uninstalled the starter version of MS Office and installed an alternative program of MS Office called Kingsoft Office Free and everything worked and still works okay. I believe that this issue happens when using old MS Office programs. How long have you been using your MS Office 2007?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.