Maximum Security 2017 Missing

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I've loaded the maximum security 2017 on 11/27/2016 on my desktop and completed a confirmation and a scan plus I pushed it over to one of my tablets (Surface Pro4) . Today I opened my desktop and Maximum Security 2017 was completely missing from my Desktop. I found this out because I received a msg from Microsoft requesting for a scan from their Windows Defender - a free virus protection for systems w/o computer security. Note: FYI, my Surface Pro4 tablet still has the Max Sec 2017 load I had pushed from my desktop on 11/27/2016. Very frustrating after I spent a good hour following the instructions and doing the 5 step uninstall/reinstall on my desktop. Request immediate tech support on this problem.
Photo of cmontoya001

cmontoya001

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

• 8,116 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You will probably not get an answer here until late Sunday or Monday. The techs don't normally, if ever, come to this site on weekends. If I were in your situation I would use the telephone number for Trend Micro which should be available from your second device under "help" on your scan start page/icon. The telephone number will vary depending on where you live, but that should get you immediate help.
Photo of cmontoya001

cmontoya001

Thank you.  I'll give them a call to help resolve.
Photo of claudiu_botezatu

claudiu_botezatu

• 2,708 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

What do you mean "you pushed to another device??"

If your serial is good for one device ONLY, if you "push it" to another device, seems to be logical to disappear from the first one.

But I may be wrong.

Photo of cmontoya001

cmontoya001

My contract allows for 5 systems (devices) to receive Trend Micro.  When I updated my main home desktop the program then asked if I would like to update my other devices (i.e., tablets, laptops, cellphones) and when I approved, it sends the update (push) to my other devices.  
Photo of cmontoya001

cmontoya001

I will add, I've submitted my problem over to the Trend Micro Tech Support Staff for their help.
Photo of claudiu_botezatu

claudiu_botezatu

• 2,708 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Ok then. But, just out of curiosity, why don't you uninstall everything, and start fresh: install on each device the latest version of Trend, using the same serial number.

For sure is faster than waiting for Tech support. 

Photo of cmontoya001

cmontoya001

Hey claudiu_botezatu, BIG THANKS for the advice.  It worked!  Sometimes you just need to be looking from the outside in as we at times are to close to the problem when frustration sets in. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.