Maximum 10 2016 Renewal $44.95. New purchase from trend $39.95.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered

My renewal option wants to charge me $5 more than I can get it new on line.  Maximum Sec 10 $39.95 new, $44.95 renewal. No chat available to trend to ask why. I would think they would give returning customers a better deal. Iv had them for 6 yrs.

Photo of frankpliska

frankpliska

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Amir

Amir

• 3,740 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi ,

I think it is a offer and now you can use it . 

Regards ,

Amir
Photo of mscott199

mscott199

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I've emailed them and hit them up on FB and Twitter for the same issue.  
Photo of mscott199

mscott199

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is renewal so expensive vs being a new customer?.

Why can a new customer get $69.95 for 2 years, but I am being offered $74.95 for one?  I really don't want to cancel/renew but that difference is extreme.  
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,842 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for asking here. The price for the automatic renewal has a fixed discount of 10% and is not affected by the current/on-going discounts that you will see on our online store. Renewal is also convenient rather than new purchase since it does not require a reinstall. But of course, you can always choose the best price for yourself and contact Support for any assistance needed : -)  

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of jrockhill1and2

jrockhill1and2

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
THIS IS EXTREMELY INSULTING TO EXISTING TREND MICRO CUSTOMERS - A VIRTUAL SLAP IN THE FACE, KICK IN THE GUT, FOR BEING A LOYAL TREND MICRO CUSTOMER. IF YOU DON'T WANT MY BUSINESS, THIS IS A GOOD WAY TO ENSURE YOU WON'T CONTINUE TO HAVE IT!
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

We are sorry to make you feel that way. Please rest assured that is not the intention. Our suggestion is that you can contact our Phone Support and check if there are promotions for renewing customers you can avail of.

Please find the phone number in the "Call Standard Support" section in this page.

We do hope we have one that can satisfy you.

(Edited)
Photo of mscott199

mscott199

I love your guys and your tech support.   That being said renewing every 1-2 years is an absolute nightmare.    It makes a 10 star company a 4 star company.  I should not have to drive through 100 hoops to renew.    I've honestly started looking at other options.  I shouldn't have to call to get a deal, I should just be able to pay it.   The pricing for a new customer is twice as better than an existing customer. 
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

We checked our trouble ticket system and looks like one of our support engineers has assisted you via chat. We'll have you contacted within 24 hours to sort things out with your concern. And thanks for the feedback, we'll definitely pass it to our Marketing Department.

(Edited)
Photo of deb.lange

deb.lange

• 60 Points
Crazy way to run a business TM. Guess if I don't choose to switch when software expires, I'll uninstall and buy new like everyone else.
Photo of TM_JustineM

TM_JustineM, Employee

• 3,774 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello @deb.lange and welcome to the community!

The price for the auto renewal of the Trend Micro Maximum Security program will only have a 10% discount applied on it that is why some prices are $44.95. The price that you see on our online store is because of the ongoing sale that we have for new purchases. If there is no ongoing sale for new purchases the prices for renewal will definitely be cheaper than prices for new purchases. As to what our official representative has said the prices for renewals is not affected if there are discounts for new purchases since they are entirely different, also if you will renew the same Trend Micro program it will be less hassle on your end to reinstall the program and type in the serial number again hence the expiration date of the program will automatically be updated once a renewal has been processed. 

We hope we have answered your question please do not hesitate to post or comment back to this community.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.