MAX SECURITY CRASHES WHEN ABOUT TO COMPLETE A SCAN OR SIMPLY TURNS OFF WHILE I AM USING MY COMPUTER.

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Updates on some issues with Scanning and Trend Micro program turning off

ill start trendmicro. it seems to be fine then it will turn off or it crashes when nearly done with a scan.
Photo of dcdraper06

dcdraper06

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 12 months ago

Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 5,222 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi @dcdraper06 and welcome to the community!

Thank you for posting your concern here and apologies for any troubles.

Just to verify, is the Trend Micro program installed on your PC already the latest version (ver.12). If not, please try to upgrade it to the latest version and see if the issue will persists:

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Photo of mrkidz.designarc

mrkidz.designarc

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
HI trend micro, I am also facing the same problem. my antivirus wont work anymore. everytime i try to full/ quick scan. it will automatically shut itself down. even when im doing nothing it will shut by itself.  And i am using the latest version. Do you have any solution for this?
Photo of edwardnjoku

edwardnjoku

• 60 Points
This has happened to me too today. Even after the update made.
Photo of mickey limon

mickey limon, Official Rep

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
hi edwardnjokumrkidz.designarcdcdraper06,

can we try to check if you have the latest components?
To do this:

Open your Trend Micro program --> On the main console, click the Account drop down icon on the upper right hand side of the console (besides the "?" icon) this will show several options, click on About the Software. On the new window click on 'Component Versions'

Then look for the following items and confirm the version:

Program                                                                                                Version
Endpoint Diagnostics Engine Wrapper (32-bit and 64-bit)                     7.0.1121
Contextual Intelligence Scan Controller (32-bit and 64-bit)                   1.0.1048
Threat Diagnostics Engine (32-bit and 64-bit)                                       7.0.1121

If the versions match, try to reset the components of the program by going to Trend Micro on your programs and go to Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. Go to (C) Uninstall tab and click on 5. Stop all components. Once that's done, close that window and manually restart the computer, this will also restart the components of your Trend Micro program. Once everything's back up, try the scan and see if the same issue persists.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.