I've had to reinstall the program but now cant work out how to establish a regular file back up to my external hard drive..can someone help?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Photo of randcmcleod

randcmcleod

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

• 10,882 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the community. Could you describe the problem in detail and send me some screenshots if any error message appears, so I can understand more background before recommending a solution.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of randcmcleod

randcmcleod

Thanks Claudia, there's no error message...I just cant find the section in the application to allow me to set up the automatic backup to my external hard drive.
Photo of Grammy3499

Grammy3499

See my response below.  I backup to my external drive always--never to the cloud.  I have never activated the first choice and have the second choice set as My Book.  Looks great when I check something out I might want.
Photo of Jhja

Jhja

• 2,658 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I don't think there is a backup option.
Read this article about different ways to backup your pc.
http://www.howtogeek.com/242428/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-computer/
Photo of Grammy3499

Grammy3499

I backup to my external drive only--all the time.  You get two choices and I have never activated backing up to the cloud.
Photo of randcmcleod

randcmcleod

Thank you, that's very disappointing...a security application that doesn't have a back up option is sadly lacking particularly compared to your competitors.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

• 10,882 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jhja and Grammy3499, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Hi randcmcleod, as Jhja mentioned, Trend Micro Security don't have any backup feature currently, and I will pass your feedback to Product Develops team.

You may run a Full Scan to make sure all files are clean before you backup to your external hard drive.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.