Is Trend incompatible with Forza Motorsport?

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
When Trend Premium Security is installed on a new windows 10 laptop, Forza Motorsport crashes immediately. Disabling Trend by right click taskbar icon had no effect - still crashes on startup. Exited Trend completely and Forza Motorsport runs as expected. Uninstalled Trend and Installed Macafee - no problem. Uninstalled mcfee and enabled windows defender - no problem. Is there a reason that Trend is causing issues?
Photo of bob

bob

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_JustineM

TM_JustineM

• 3,774 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello bob thanks for letting us knowabout this issue.

As of now there are no reported cases yet that the Trend Micro program causes issues on games, since you are experiencing this please try to click on this link for you to add the Forza Motorsport game on the exception list and check if it will still cause any issues.

Configuring the Exception List of Trend Micro Security software

If the issue still persist after trying this step please extend your patience as we try to resolve it.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of Max Slo

Max Slo, Champion

• 9,626 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
-I'm not a Trend Micro representative, but I like to give you some suggestion-

Hi bob.

I'm using Forza without any problem.
Just create an expception as suggested from Representative. 

I created an exception for the Steam, Origin and GOG (the stores I use) main folders. 
So, installing a game for example from Steam, it is 'automatically' under exception cause it is installed in a subfolder of the Steam main folder.

Just to be sure of the content of these folders, you can start a manual scan every few months.
Photo of Jabi

Jabi

• 7,252 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Max Slo

Thank you for your help here, we appreciate all of it! 

Have a wonderful year! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.