Irritating Pop Ups

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Around 12:30 p.m. I began getting continuous pop ups about a scan coming up at 10:39 a.m. I have tried clicking on Scan Now and Skip this scan to get rid of these pop ups, but they keep coming up. Very annoying!! How do I get rid of them?   Lenovo G570, Windows 10.  Trend Micro Internet Security, version 15.0
Photo of Jenene

Jenene

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of TM_Reine

TM_Reine, Employee

• 1,912 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jenene,

Apologies for this inconvenience. May I please verify the following information so we can further check on this concern? 

1. Please check what's the exact version of the Trend Micro program, verify if it's 15.0.1231
  2. Take note of the following:
           a. Schedule set for the scheduled scan 
               Here's how you can verify what schedule is set - Using the Scheduled Scan feature of Trend Micro Security
           b. How often does the pop-up appears?

- Reine
(Edited)
Photo of Jenene

Jenene

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The exact version is 15.0.   I do not see "1231" in the version number.  The schedule is set for "Smart Scan".  I do not want to schedule scans for a specific time.  My schedule varies every day, and I can't guarantee when the computer will be on or off.  I did uncheck the box about notifying me when a scan is coming up.  Maybe that will solve the problem.  The pop ups are appearing every 2 - 5 minutes.  In one half hour period, it came up 10 times.  
Photo of TM_Kree

TM_Kree, Official Rep

• 2,212 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jenene,

We can disable and enable Trend Micro Program to refresh all of its components, here's how you can Disable and enable your Trend Micro Security software.

^Kree

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.