iphone 5c not compatible with Maximum Security

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I see the Iphone 5c is not compatible with Maximum Security, upgraded my PC in Jan and now need something else for my phone??
Photo of Bronson.tillie

Bronson.tillie

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,822 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'm checking internally to see whether we can find some good resource for you. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Trend Micro Home Users Community 
Photo of verbpean

verbpean

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i have the same problem and for 4s, 5 and ipad2 i tried to post question but not sure if it worked. I have a 5 licenses subscription.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

Hi verbpean, I've replied you in another conversation you've posted. Please refer to the link below: 
Incompatible apple devices

Photo of J and N Larson

J and N Larson

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm in the same boat.  iPhone 5c, Samsung Galaxy S7, two Windows Laptops, and the Windows Desktop we signed up on (all Windows 10).  5-device subscription.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

Hi J and N Larson, sorry for the late response.

Regarding the compatibility issue, we are still confirming with the related teams and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Photo of J and N Larson

J and N Larson

It's been a week, and the original question is from several weeks ago.

iPhones are too expensive for most people to replace before they wear out!
Photo of verbpean

verbpean

• 134 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Absolutely, for the time being Avira software is now protecting my mobile devices (32 bit). My computers, including a couple old ones I don't really need are now protected by Trend but just to use up the subscription. I will switch all to another software program if they can not solve this problem soon.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

Hi all,

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.  

The online KB with related information on this issue has also been updated. Please refer to this KB for detailed information and  let us know if you have concerns.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Mobile Security for iOS version 3.2 and 5.0

(Edited)
Photo of J and N Larson

J and N Larson

Please provide a way to download Trend Micro for an iPhone 5c with the latest iOS. Apple recently notified users that an old vulnerability has returned; we need protection!
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

Hi J and N Larson, I also hope there's a way for us to protect your iPhone 5C. Unfortunately, the App Store does not allow a 32-bit device to download the latest version due to the incompatibility, and we don't have resolution on this. 

If you had installed the previous version of Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS from iTunes, you may try to restore it from iTunes, and keep the old version installed on your device.

Photo of J and N Larson

J and N Larson

Please provide a link to the old version our phone will accept.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

I understand how you feel about the situation and we also want to help you to keep your phone secure. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to distribute the installer through other channels to customers except App Store.

many apologies for the inconvenience caused.

(Edited)