Internet security 2017 cause Bsod

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
When booting up,TM internet security took longer than usual to load (tray icon not red) when not connected to internet,it fail to load.With internet connection,it turn to red but need to activate it (i already activated it and why does it need to activate again) when done and few minutes later BSOD follows. Anybody else encounter this?
Photo of cazladz

cazladz

• 246 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 2,574 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi cazladz, 

Did you upgrade your computer to the Windows 10 Creators Update? If yes, did you upgrade it via the Microsoft Download Center or it came automatically via the Microsoft Update? Some users are facing issues with Trend Micro with Windows 10 Creators Update. Maybe your issue with Trend Micro may be related to this (refer to the link that I gave you here).

Trend Micro team already know about the issues and they are working on a fix as stated here
https://en.community.trendmicro.com/tm_en/topics/issues-with-windows-10-creator-update

Well as for me, my laptop has been upgraded to Windows 10 Creators Update, but I am not facing any issues with Trend Micro. My guess is just some of them are facing issues and problems.
(Edited)
Photo of cazladz

cazladz

Thanks Ahsan for replying,
Not sure if its upgraded to Windows 10 creators update. There is no notice about it since I set my setting to auto update. Is there a way to check?

Glad to hear TM team is working on this issue. I am force to uninstall this program and waiting for a solution because I can't even install the program back again there is an error code. But the high part is without this program ,there is no BSOD.

I'm using Hitman Pro Alert too. Wonder if Hitman contribute to the failed installation of the TM Internet Security again.
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 2,574 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
At the bottom left hand corner you will see a magnifying glass sign click on it and type this "winver" (without quotes) and type enter. You will see what Windows 10 version are you using. The Windows Creator Update latest version is  1703 (OS Build 15063.250). Recently, Microsoft has stopped the distribution of the Creators Update, because due to some users complaining about their machine incompatibility from their wireless network card and etc... When Microsoft says the Creators Update is ready and all the fixes has been done, they will release it via Microsoft Update.

NB: You can check for updates, maybe the Creators Update has been released for your machine. My guess is that your HitMan Pro may be interfering with your Trend Micro. Best solution is to uninstall HitMan Pro
(Edited)
Photo of cazladz

cazladz

So as per your suggestion, I have remove the Hitman malware programme and no other antivirus software left except Windows Defender. uninstall via safe mode TM Diognastic tools, and reinstall, still the same thing. I have tried the E-Support fix for BSOD and still failed to resolve the problem. I'm out of option but wait for Microsoft to come up with the new release fixes. Hope it wont take long, other wise such a waste for not using TM Antivirus especially just recently I purchased it.
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello cazladz , Welcome to the community.

Thanks ahsans for answering the inquiry.

Again, we are still working for the BSOD issue that is related to the Creator's Update. To view the Updates installed, Open Settings and click/tap on the Update & security icon then click/tap on the View installed update history link under Update status on the right side. 

Also, there will be troubles if you will be using other Antivirus programs along with the Trend Micro Program. These programs will conflict with each other and might cause the Trend Micro Program not to work as expected.

Let us know if this helps.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of cazladz

cazladz

I have taken the step in E-support website fix for BSOD (there are two types of fix for BSOD and both failed) but still the same. I have uninstall all other malware software only Windows Defender left.

I wonder if this is an isolated case. My windows version is Version 1703 (Build 15063.250)
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 21,324 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi cazladz,

Can you do a registry cleaning with CCleaner,
than open a command-prompt as a administrator and type:
sfc /scannow There's a space between sfc and /scannow
ok let MS do the job. Takes 5 till 15 minutes.
Then put off Defender in the Configuration window and start the computer again.
Hope to here from you.

Kind laggards,
Tom

Photo of cazladz

cazladz

Hi Tom, was not aware your message came thru. Apologize for the late reply. I have uninstalled the programme and run another AV which i never used and installed on my pc. It detected malwares and already disinfected and remove it. I reinstall back TM internet securiy and it works fine now (uninstall the other AV) except for the web filtering as per my new thread. My guess is before I disinfect my pc and install TM Internet security,the malware have already existed in the system and messing with it before installing and using TM internet security the first time. Just my guess.
Photo of TM_JustineM

TM_JustineM, Employee

• 3,774 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi @Tom Emmelot and thank you for your suggestions.
Hello @cazladz.

As of the moment our developers are still creating a hotfix/build for the Trend Micro program that will be compatible with the Creators Update/Windows version 1703. Rest assured our developers are working tirelessly to resolve this concern and for our customers to continue enjoy the protection we give. Once a build or a hotfix is finished we will post it on this community immediately for everyone who updated their Windows 10 operating system to 1703 to use.

Let us know if this helps.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of cazladz

cazladz

Ok, seems like my problem has disappear after I remove malware and reinstall back TM Internet Security(using other AV). Perhaps something needed to be done there with TM Internet security detection capability. I think I can close this thread now. How do i close this thread?
Photo of cazladz

cazladz

Problem regarding BSOD solved for now. Looks like there is malware exist deep in my system. I removed it and install back the TM Internet security and it work fine now. I don't have to run the BSOD fix for now. Im monitoring if BSOD might happen. Only problem now is the web filtering and privacy scanner not enable even after enabling it. Guess i can close this thread.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.