Installation Incomplete... Error code: #1603, 0, 0x00000000

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Solved
Trend Micro installation fails at the end with this error Installation Incomplete... Error code: #1603, 0, 0x00000000.  None of the software known to interfere with the install (g-buster, Warsaw, or Gas) are on this machine.  Any ideas?   

Win8 Lenovo AMD E1 Vision 
Photo of Linda Hagedorn

Linda Hagedorn

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 21,314 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi  Linda Hagedorn

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, I am just a volunteer.
I Quote a TM Employee:

STEP 1: Add the path of Trend Micro installer package to the Environment Path Variable
  1. Click on this link to download AddPathVariable.exehttps://solutionfile.trendmicro.com/solutionfile/Batch_Files/AddPathVariable.exe
  2. Right-click the AddPathVariable.exe icon, then choose Run as Administrator.
  3. Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
  4. The following message will appear once you successfully added the file path: 
    “SUCCESS: Specified value was saved 
    Thank you for running the tool 
    Press any key to continue. . .”
  5. Press any key to continue.
STEP 2: Run Uninstall / Remnant Removal Tools
  1. Download the Uninstall Tool by clicking the link: http://solutionfile.trendmicro.com/SolutionFile/Security_Software_11/Tools/Ti_110_win_en_Tool_Uninst...
  2. Double-click Ti_110_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0002.exe to run it. Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
  3. Read the License Agreement, click I accept the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
  4. Click Install.
  5. Wait for the Hotifx to finish the installation, then click OK.
  6. Click Uninstall Software.
  7. Enter the captcha characters, then click Continue.
  8. Click Uninstall.
  9. Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
  10. Now run the Remnant remover tool
  11. Click the link to download the hotfix: http://solutionfile.trendmicro.com/SolutionFile/Security_Software_11/Tools/Ti_110_win_en_Tool_TMRemn...
  12. Double-click Ti_110_win_en_Tool_TMRemnantFileRemoveTool_hfb0001.exe to run it.
  13. Click I agree on the terms of the license agreement, then click Next.
  14. Click Install.
  15. Click OK.
  16. Restart your computer.
STEP 3: Run Permission Tool
  1. Download the Permission Tool by clicking the link: https://esupport.trendmicro.com/media/13524771/Ti_all_win_en_RegKeyFolderPermissionRecover_Tool0001....
  2. Double-click the Ti_all_win_en_RegKeyFolderPermissionRecover_Tool0001.exe icon to run it.
  3. Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
  4. Click OK when the Module Update window appears.
  5. Restart your computer to save the changes.
  6. Reinstall your Trend Micro Security.
Also please click on this link for you to download the installer that is appropriate for your serial number.

Installing Trend Micro program

I hope this is able to help with your concern, please let us know if you are able to install the Trend Micro program.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of Linda Hagedorn

Linda Hagedorn

Hi Tom.  Thank you for the great instructions.  I'm through step 3, looking for the 'Installing Trend Micro Program'.  The page is 404.  If you have a new link, I'd appreciate it.  I'm looking in the meantime.    

Thank you for volunteering and helping.  Sincerely appreciated.  Linda 
Photo of TM_son

TM_son, Employee

• 1,408 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Linda Hagedorn and welcome to community! 

Sorry that you're running into trouble with our product. We just want to add some troubleshooting to what Tom Emmelot has already been provided. Also, this issue happens because of the permission issue on the Windows Temp folder so please empty your temp folders by following the steps below: 

Delete Windows Temp files:

Steps:
1. Click Start > Computer.
2. Double-click Local Disk (C:)  
3. Double-click Windows folder. 
4. Double-click Temp folder.
5. Delete all the files inside Temp folder

Delete Local User temporary files:

Steps: 
1. Click Start. 
2. Click All Programs. 
3. Click Accessories 
4. Click Run.
5. Type %temp%.
6. Delete all the files inside Temp folder

Please let us know if the solution works for you. 

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of Linda Hagedorn

Linda Hagedorn

Hi TM_son.  Everything is deleted now, save one local user temp file in use by Intel Services Manager.  qtsingleapp-FFDCAB-be4b-1-lockfile, last modified 3/7/2015.   

If you recognize it, appreciate any recommendation.  So far I can't delete it; still trying.  Thanks!  Linda
Photo of Linda Hagedorn

Linda Hagedorn

Tom and TM_son - Your advice worked.  It's successfully installed, even with the lockfile in temp.  Really appreciate your help today!  Best regards, Linda 
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 21,314 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi  Linda Hagedorn

Sorry for my late response, nice it worked for you!
And sorry for the broken link!
Thanks for cumming back to us!

Kind regards,
Tom
(Edited)
Photo of TM_JK

TM_JK, Employee

• 2,382 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi  Linda Hagedorn,

It is nice to hear that everything is working fine. If you have a different concern regarding your Trend Micro product, please dont hesitate to post here and we will gladly help you.

Once again, Tom Emmelot, thank you for your help here in the community.

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.