icon missing in system tray

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • Solved
turn on pc and red icon does not appear in system tray (not taskbar). If I click on shortcut icon (on main screen) the red icon appearsTo fix this concern, you just need to click and drag the Trend Micro icon in the system tray then it should stay in there and would show up when you open your device in system tray. I recently renewed Trend Micro Internet Security and it happened when I installed this, I have reinstalled program 3 times and on each time the icon appeared but then disappeared every time I turned my pc on. I am using windows 10, google chrome. Have requested this before (ref. 1-1-1119062671. ) but your solution does not work as soon as the pc is turned off the icon disappears as stated above and the shortcut icon wont click and drag to system tray. Can pin to task bar.
Photo of dentrev1

dentrev1

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of TM_son

TM_son, Employee

• 1,408 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello dentrev1 and sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue.

It seems that the Trend Micro Internet Security is not included on start-up program list that is why the icon is not on your computer's system tray when you restart your computer. To fix this, you need to put it on the list of start-up programs. Please refer to the link below on how to put programs on windows start-up list.

Add or remove start-up programs

Please let us know if the solution works for you. 

Thank you and have a great day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of Lela72017

Lela72017

• 62 Points
my Trend icon has been in my system tray for ages and all of a sudden is not.  I have no reason to remove it!  Even when I copy the icon to my desktop from start menu it does not give me the TREND info like subscription date, or to scan!  What's up with this??
Photo of TM_Yner

TM_Yner

• 290 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello Lela72017,

Have you checked your installed programs in your control panel, if Trend Micro Antivirus+ is in the list? If not, provided below is the link on how to install the Trend Micro Antivirus+ for your computer.

Installing Trend Micro Antivirus+ 

Please let us know if the solution works for you. 

Thank you and have a great day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.