i open Chrome I keep getting notifications with explicit/ suggestive messages, photos that come up from extra- special Online

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • In Progress
When i open Chrome I keep getting notifications with explicit/ suggestive messages, photos that come up on the screen from extra- special Online. I am unsure how I even got this, my premium Malware and Trend Security don't pick it up. any ideas on how to get rid of it?
Photo of gnwattie

gnwattie

• 70 Points
  • Frustrated

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of TM_Iya

TM_Iya, Employee

• 2,906 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi gnwattie,

We're sorry to hear about your experience.

Have you tried to perform a clear cache on your Google Chrome browser? What website did you try to visit before this happen?
To delete Temporary Internet Files folder (or cache) in Google Chrome, follow the steps below:

1. Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
  2. Select More Tools.
  3. Select Clear browsing data.
  4. In the dialog that appears, select the items that you want to remove.
  5. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. 
  6. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
  7. Click Clear browsing data.
If the pop up still comes up after clearing cache, you may try to reset your browser and follow the steps given on this link below:

Resetting your web browser for performance and website redirection issues

Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps.

~Iya
Photo of SEAMANALAN

SEAMANALAN

• 926 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I honestly do not understand what is CHROME or why anyone has it.  Over the years, I install CHROME & have constant problems until I Uninstall & they go away.
Photo of TM_Iya

TM_Iya, Employee

• 2,866 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi SEAMANALAN,

Chrome is a free Internet browser officially released by Google on December 11, 2008. Its features include synchronization with Google services and accounts, tabbed browsing, and automatic translation and spell check of web pages. It also features an integrated address bar/search bar, called the Omnibox.

Would you mind sharing what happened or your experience before about it?

~Iya
Photo of SEAMANALAN

SEAMANALAN

• 926 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It must have been around 2008 when I was asked to download Chrome---did so---& found my computer suddenly in Spanish with no option to put it back. There were other issues, & the bottom line is that I consider my computer to be a tool & use it as such. Chrome seems to consider me to be a tool, I cannot remember a day when my computer or my cell phone did not try to convince me to download Chrome. When you publish customers' comments on the Trend site,many of them complain of something that happened on Chrome. I smell a rat in the wood pile.
Photo of TM_Reine

TM_Reine, Employee

• 1,000 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi SEAMANALAN,

Are you still experiencing the same issue on Chrome even after clearing its browser cache and removing some unnecessary extensions? It's also possible that these ads are permitted to run on the websites you had visited.

We're sorry that you feel this much frustration, you can always just use your preferred browser.

- Reine