I installed Trend on our Surface tablet that has two users. I am the admin and she is a user. Trend does not show up in her section. Why?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I installed Trend on our Surface Pro I tablet that has two users. I am the admin and she is a user. Everything shows up on my user section but no Trend shows up on her side. Do I have to install it for both users separately? Why doesn't it appear under her user section?
Photo of wmaslen

wmaslen

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_Cj

TM_Cj

• 620 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi @wmaslen andwelcome to Trend Micro Community!

I understand that you want to know why the Trend Micro doesn't show on the other user account of the computer. Let me help you with this.

When you install the Trend Micro program on the Administrator account, it should be automatically installed on other users of the account but it depends on how you have set up the profile of the other users on that computer. Kindly try to login to the second user profile on your computer and click on the Windows button on your keyboard together with the letter "R" then it should open up the "Run" window and just type in "msconfig" and press Enter. Once the "System Configuration" window is open, go to the "Startup" tab and check if your Trend Micro program is visible there.

Also to further isolate the issue, kindly first try to create another user profile on that computer and check if the Trend Micro program will be visible.

As you're a valued subscriber of our Premium Support service, we would like to recommend you to utilize our Premium Support which includes 24x7 phone support (and online remote services) exclusively for you. Please find the Premium Service phone number in the "Call Premium Support" section in this page.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of wmaslen

wmaslen

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for a very prompt answer. I recently was hit with ransomware and I had another virus program ... you know the one that sounds like a pirate "***** matey " and I asked for help and it was a week and a half before i got an email from a tech to help. Needless to say I consider that absurd. When we get hit with a virus or malware we need help NOW not in a week and a half. Of coursed if I paid $175 they just might be able to help me right away. It's such a pleasure to see how Trend works.

Thanks again. :)

Update, after cold booting it shows up like it should.
Photo of TM_Kim

TM_Kim, Employee

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi @wmaslen!

We are very grateful for your response.

Also, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have encountered regarding the issue.

Glad to hear everything's working now! If you have other questions or encounter product issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us in this community.

You may also try to contact our Technical Support team to assist with your Trend Micro-related concerns. Please refer to the contact details provided on the link below.

Ways to Contact Trend Micro Support

Thank you and have a great day! :)

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.