I have Max Sec 2017 and it's stuck on "installing update" for 2 days now.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
I have Max Sec 2017 and it's stuck on "installing update" for 2 days now. i read previous post advising to uninstall and reinstall but it wont uninstall while updates running. WTF do i do now?
Photo of RONALDUK

RONALDUK

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of TM_Jabi

TM_Jabi, Employee

• 7,242 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi RONALDUK and welcome to the community! 

We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you. Let me help you on this matter.

You can try to follow the steps below on how to reinstall the program properly: 

Step 1: Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. 
  1. Press Windows Windows Key key + R buttons on your keyboard to open the Run command window, type supporttool.exe on the open field.
  2. Go to (C) Uninstall
  3. Click (5) Stop All Components.
  4. Once the program was gone, click on (1) Uninstall Software.
  5. Follow the prompts that you will see and then wait for the program to be removed. 
  6. Restart your computer.
Step 2: Using the Trend Micro Remnant File Remover Tool
Note: This hotfix removes any leftover Trend Micro files from your computer so that you can successfully install the latest version of your Trend Micro Security Software.

Step 3: Click on this link to see the steps on how to download, install and activate Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017

I hope that we were able to help you on this matter. Please let us know of any updates.

Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of RONALDUK

RONALDUK

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Thank you for your help.

After stopping all components and restarting, problem was resolved and new updates run.

I didn't have to uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks again.

Have a great day

Cameron

Photo of TM_Marion

TM_Marion, Employee

• 1,312 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi @RONALDUK,

You are very much welcome and thank you for your updates.

It is nice to hear that everything is back to normal and to know that we were able to help. Should you encounter any issues in the future, please do not hesitate to post again.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community