How do I stop the annoying "Renew Now" Trend Micro pop-ups????

• Question
  • Updated 3 days ago
  • In Progress
How do I stop the annoying "Renew Now" Trend Micro pop-ups????
Photo of drwarchitect

drwarchitect

• 70 Points
  • angry

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of TM_JustineM

TM_JustineM, Employee

• 3,754 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello @dwarchitect and thanks for contacting us in this community!

May I know if the pop-ups you are talking about comes in when you start your computer or do you receive email notifications for the renewal of your Trend Micro program? If you are getting the pop ups when you start your computer this is because the Trend Micro program is counting down to how many days are left before your subscription expires. The pop ups are hard coded to remind customers about their subscription. If you really want to remove the pop ups when you start your computer, you will need to uninstall the Trend Micro program. It is either you renew early before your subscription runs out or just keep ignoring or closing the pop ups.

I hope this was able to answer your question. Please do not hesitate to comment or post in this community.

Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of beatle

beatle

• 60 Points
I agree this renewal pop-up is really annoying, especially when the pop-up starts more than 2 months before the renewal date and I have already purchased a replacement copy ready to install.
Photo of claudiu_botezatu

claudiu_botezatu

• 2,168 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
You can contact TM and they will extend your current license with the new one you just bought; so the old license will be valid for 1 year+2months .
Photo of Marty

Marty

• 70 Points
Maybe licences should add on the leftover dates by default? Better then getting spammed 3 months before hand.
Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 3,828 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi @beatle,

We understand your concern. The pop-up only suggests and informs of the current promotional offer for your subscription's renewal. Apologies if it seems to be annoying. Kindly close the pop-up on the screen. 

Thank you for the patience. Have a great day! :)

Photo of Marty

Marty

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I would like to disable these reminders/ promotions also, I have 6 computers running. Renewal is not for 86 days and I'm getting notices every couple days
Photo of mjteale

mjteale

Agree that it is totally annoying and is like spam. it not informing, if it was you would only do it once and via email, not use the product to spam trend micro advertising,  With multiple computers, having the renew spam regularly for over two months is turning me off the product and considering other products, with still a month to go.
Photo of gtcox

gtcox

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I also have the same problem.
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Phebs

TM_Phebs, Official Rep

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi all, 

Sorry for the trouble, these renewal notifications are important to avoid lapses and to ensure that you will be able to renew your subscription and can stay protected. If your were able to renew and was provided with a new serial number, this does not add up automatically to the existing serial number you have. 
Also, there are some pop ups that refers to promotional discount that we have which you can take advantage of, you may opt out from receiving the pop ups by unsubscribing from it. 
You can open the email you received and at the bottom you will see the options to unsubscribe. 

Should you have any questions regarding this, feel free to comment here. 

Thank you!
Photo of gtcox

gtcox

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm getting renew notices several times per day.
Photo of TM_Onini

TM_Onini, Employee

• 662 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi gtcox, welcome to the community!

As mentioned on the previous reply, these renewal notifications are important to avoid lapses and to ensure that you will be able to renew your subscription and can stay protected. If your were able to renew and was provided with a new serial number, this does not add up automatically to the existing serial number you have. 
Also, there are some pop ups that refers to promotional discount that we have which you can take advantage of, you may opt out from receiving the pop ups by unsubscribing from it. 
You can open the email you received and at the bottom you will see the options to unsubscribe. 

Have a great day! :)

Photo of mjteale

mjteale

It is clear trend mirco is not listening to its customers,   we should have the ability to disable these messages.   It is rather ironic,  we use your product to stop malware and virus, yet your product is behaving like malware for trend micro to advertise as it feels fit and not allowing users any ability to disable it.    other than uninstall there product .   If Trend micro was serious about people renewing, then they should provide the freedom for users to opt in or out of these promotion advertising and renewal reminders.
Photo of TM_Junno

TM_Junno, Employee

• 60 Points
Apologies for the inconvenience. These “Renew now” pop-ups was designed that way just to heads up customers that their subscription is about to expire. We just simply want our customers to be aware about their subscription and not having a day without any protection on their devices. This pop-ups would may prevent customers to let their subscription expire and be vulnerable to threats. 

We are gonna check this on our end and we will raise this concern. 

Thank you for understanding and have a great day!
(Edited)
Photo of Marty

Marty

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
These are the popups I'm getting ( https://ibb.co/k6V7j7 ). every day for the past 2 weeks, my copy of trend is not due for 88 days.

I also don't turn one of my machines off, and it's still getting them daily.

My customers are also complaining, I sell about 15 trend licensees a week and they are getting annoying popups also. 

Should not be spamming that much, I can understand at 90 day point to get one popup, then at 60 days and another at 30 days, then one at 5 days and one day before expiry etc, but this is a joke.

In my opinion this is great sales marketing at it's best. Getting people to renew months a head of their subscription makes you more money by making the user cut their subscription short.
Photo of TM_Phebs

TM_Phebs, Official Rep

• 664 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Marty, 

We are checking in our end on what is the best thing to do in this matter. As for your last statement, once the customer opt for an early renewal, as long as it is the same license the remaining days are carried over.
For the pop up that you received, this is for the on going cashback promo in your region. You have the option to unsubscribe from receiving those pop ups by opening the Trend Micro email, at the bottom you will see the option to unsubscribe, however you may not be able to receive notifications for promos we may have.

Regards
(Edited)
Photo of Marty

Marty

It's not a email, it's a popup from the program. 

On going cashback promo is right, every day it pops up!

Also, under newsletter settings it says:

"Changing these settings will have no effect if you did not buy your subscription directly from Trend Micro."

No use for me.

I also don't buy license keys directly from trend, the trend versions I get are way cheaper then what you advertise. Maybe all keys should carry over the remaining days no matter what. If they did I would enter my new keys now and not have these popup issues.
(Edited)