How do I check my modem for security? Have heard this is a security weakness.

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered

Does TM Internet Security check my modem for security issues?. Have never seen references to  this in a report. Its almost my renewal time and is TM IS the best package  for general use, that is catch the most attacks that are in use or trending around the web?

Photo of pwalkowski

pwalkowski

• 70 Points

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of TM_Jean

TM_Jean

• 3,020 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi pwalkowski and welcome to the Community!

Your Trend Micro subscription protects the devices where the serial number is activated such as your computers. If what you want to protect is your modem against network intrusions, you may also try the Home Network Security. Trend MicroTM Home Network Security provides protection against network intrusions, web threats and identity theft for every device you connect to the internet in your home. However, for malicious processes and/or files that might be in the system, it will still be under Trend Micro Maximum Security. 

You may click this link for more information about Trend MicroTM Home Network Security.

If you have more inquiries, feel free to post it here. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 22,870 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi pwalkowski

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours. I am just a volunteer!

Or use a modem like mine Aus RT-AC68U with built in Protection of TM!

Kind regards,
Tom

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.