HitMan PRO compatibility with Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
Is HitMan Pro compatible with Trend Micro Maximum Security 2017?
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

• 2,544 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello there ahsans ! Thank you for posting here in the community.

The Hitmant PRO application is a known Anti Malware program. In nature, it checks files and maybe processes to protect your computer from threats. With this, there will be conflict in processes in you will be running it along with the Trend Micro Program. Installing them both (or installing two Anti Virus Programs) on a single computer is not advisable due to the same reason that I have provided above.

You can see this link for the other files or programs that you will need to remove before installing the Trend Micro Program.

Programs to remove before installing Trend Micro Security

Let us know if this helps.

Have a wonderful day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of Jhja

Jhja

• 2,658 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Why isn't HitmanPro listed as a program to be removed?

The producer claim it is designed to run along side our antivirus and you haven't listed it as a program to be removed. That tells me it is compatible with TM. ;)
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Dianne

TM_Dianne, Employee

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi @Jhja,

Since Hitman Pro is another security program, it is conflicting software and should be removed before installing Trend Micro program. Also, please note that Hitman Pro is a Sophos product and Sophos is listed on our "Programs to Remove before installing Trend Micro Security". Thank you! :)

Photo of Jhja

Jhja

Hi Dianne

Sophos Antivirus isn't the same as HitmanPro, it's two different products.

The company behind HitmanPro, Surfright, was acquired by Sophos in December 2015 so HitmanPro is another product than Sophos Antivirus.

If HitmanPro isn't compatible with TM antivirus it should be listed on "Programs to Remove before installing Trend Micro Security" under it's product name, HitmanPro, to avoid confusion.
Like e.g. Norton is listed as incompatible under its product name.
(Edited)
Photo of TM_JustineM

TM_JustineM, Employee

• 3,774 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hello @Jhja,

Upon checking why the HitmanPro claims that it can run along side an antivirus is because there is no installation of the program according to their website. The list of programs that we have on our support page are programs that require users to install on their computer. HitmanPro is just like our Trend Micro HouseCall wherein it will only run if you execute it on your computer, meaning the HitmanPro does not provide real time scanning, not unless that you purchase their full version. If you will purchase their full version then that is the time that it is a conflicting software because having 2 real time scanners running on your computer will slow down your computers performance because it will consume a lot of computer resources.

I hope this was able to answer your question.

Have a wonderful day!

Photo of Amir

Amir

• 3,648 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi ,

Always use only one Security software on any device .

Trend Micro Maximum Security is enough and power security suite 

Regards ,

Amir
Photo of Jhja

Jhja

Hi Justine

"The list of programs that we have on our support page are programs that require users to install on their computer."

"HitmanPro does not provide real time scanning, not unless that you purchase their full version."

Nowhere on Sophos site do they claim that the non-conflicting version is only for the  30 days free version and not the paid one.

That returns me to my first question: Why isn't HitmanPro listed as a program to be removed?

And just to clear it up, I know I can't run two ordinary anti-virus on one PC.
(Edited)
Photo of Jhja

Jhja

Hi JK

The paid version is real time scanning and designed to run along side with other anti-virus.

Quote from HitmanPro:
"As a second opinion, HitmanPro Anti-Malware is designed to discover threats on up-to-date and fully protected computers—the zero-day, zero-hour or early-life and next-generation malware for which your antivirus software has no immediate detection signature."

To me that means HitmanPro is meant to be installed permanently.
It's a addition to anti-virus, not a replacement.

This is the last from me for now.
(Edited)
Photo of TM_JK

TM_JK, Employee

• 2,362 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jhja

We understand your opinion in regards to this program and we respect it. However, we also want to let you know that like our Housecall, Hitman Pro is a program does not need installation. It actually act as a tool to do a real time scan. You are right that it can be use as an additional tool and if you want, it can stay in your computer.

However, we at Trend Micro believe that our product is sufficient to protect you. We also have the extra tools you can use if you need more tools to scan your computer. You can visit link for our free tools. You can learn more in the link on how to use it and the focus of each tool.

Please feel free to post any concern you have specially Trend Micro related concerns.

(Edited)
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

Just now installed Hitman Pro (paid version) and I didn't receive any warnings or slowdowns on my laptop.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 18,972 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ahsans,

And now hope that this stays that way ;)

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of ahsans

ahsans

LOL. One other thing most users still uses MCShield even though the last update was on 2014. Is it necessary?