After Trend Micro Security has detected or cleaned/removed a malware, the following situations might happen:
- Internet Explorer home page has been changed to About:Blank.
- Default uncheck "Show hidden files and folders" setting has been changed.
- Screen saver is not running.
- Desktop background (wallpaper) has been changed.
You can follow the steps below to hide hidden folders Setting:
- Click Start > My Computer.
- Click Tools, then select Folder Options from the dropdown menu.
- Click the View tab.
- Untick Show hidden files and folders under Hidden files and folders.
- Click OK.
Please let me know if you have more concerns or questions by replying here. Thank you.
Trend Micro Home Users Community
As I posted before, upon a mild to severe detection Trend would assume that certain PC parameters were changed by infection and would automatically reset them to default:
1. Windows update will be set to "Automatic update"
2. UAC will be set to "Default"
3. Files and folders visibility will be change to "visible" (even though the default is "invisible"
3. Home page in IE will be change to "blank"