Gmail SLOW!

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Since installing Trend Micro my Gmail is slow. It is documented to be an issue. After logging in it takes ~ 17 seconds to get the inbox screen. To start a new email (compose) takes 20 to 30 seconds for the new email window to open. Using latest Chrome with fast connection: PING 13 DOWNLOAD 113.2 Mbps UPLOAD 16.1 Mbps. Only Gmail is slow in Chrome. Gmail is fine in Firefox. This is a Trend Micro and Gmail conflict. Please advise.
Photo of schaupmeyer

schaupmeyer

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for posting your concern here in Trend Micro Community, schaupmeyer!

No worries, we can check further on this issue but we'll have to isolate first by temporarily disabling the Trend Micro program using the Diagnostic Toolkit. Kindly search for "Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit" on Windows Search. Once it's opened, go to Uninstall tab and click on "Stop all Components"...that will disable all Trend Micro program components. You may then try using Gmail again and confirm if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, we can say that it's not an issue caused by the Trend Micro program. If not, we can check further. You may verify if there are any conflicting security programs installed or potentially unwanted programs (PUA).

For real-time support, you may also want to reach our Technical Support Team.

Let us know what happens then. Thanks so much and have a good day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of schaupmeyer

schaupmeyer

Thanks for your response  TM_Malik 

As you suggested, I installed "Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit" and clicked "Stop all Components" and Gmail startup and new message remained slow. 

I checked the "conflicting security programs installed" and one of the items listed was "Trend Micro Security (all versions)" so I deleted "Trend Micro Maximum Security" (it said ALL versions) which was THE program I had installed. So had to re-install it. Sheesh.  

So now I've used up my 3 PC users (It is also installed on my wife's laptop.) ... but still only on two machines. Now if I get a new computer will have to buy again ???

I find it odd that this Gmail issue started the moment I installed Trend Micro and is not a problem in Firefox on same machine. 

BTW, now that I've re-installed TM on my ASUS the "green" check-marks that were previously showing in URLs (following a Google search) 

So nothing has changed. I am not thrilled with Chrome, but not keen on going back to Firefox either.

Thanks,

Clive
PS: I'll be away without my ASUS for a few days so will be unable to do anything after Tuesday morning.  
Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

Thank you so much for your reply, schaupmeyer!

I see. You mentioned that you have stopped all components for the Trend Micro program but the issue persists so, our apologies, I'm afraid we can no longer provide any further troubleshooting steps since we have confirmed that the issue is not caused by the Trend Micro program.

Oh, sorry. Trend Micro program, of course, is not a conflicting program. :)

Your subscription can be used for just 3 computers, you will be able to transfer protection from one PC to another if you wish to do that but in case you want to protect a total of 4 computers, you may want to avail a 5-Users license next time.

Photo of schaupmeyer

schaupmeyer

Thank you. 
Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

You are so much welcome, schaupmeyer! Thank you as well for inquiring in our Community. Feel free to post another inquiry next time.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.