Git version control

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Internet Security causes an error using git version control:

C:\>git --version
[0x7FFE7F4370E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64)
[0x7FFE7F4370E3] ANOMALY: use of REX.w is meaningless (default operand size is 64)
git version 2.11.0.windows.1

Exiting (not pausing) Internet Security causes the error to go away.

A web search shows that this was previously an issue with OfficeScan, and you released a patch for it (http://stackoverflow.com/q/40329112/6...).

Is there a patch available for the current version of Internet Security (I'm using 10.0.1294)?
Photo of kenwhite

kenwhite

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated I can't use my software version control without errors.

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,780 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @kenwhite, thanks for trying our new Community! 

For your issue, if you installed OfficeScan, please do a clean uninstall, and reinstall the latest version of Internet Security (Ver. 11) to check if the same symptom occurs.

If you encounter any problem while uninstallation, please go to this page to contact our Business Product Technical Support.

After uninstalling OfficeScan, we have a support document which describes how to reinstall Trend Micro Security to the latest version to reset the program and patterns:
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program

If you're still seeing the error message, please provide a picture of the message, we'll assist you soon. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of kenwhite

kenwhite

Hi TM_Linda,

I don't have OfficeScan installed, as I mentioned in my post. I have Internet Security 10.0.1294, and according to it's update check I'm running the most current version.

The text I provided above is* a text capture of the message; it's a direct copy/paste from a Windows command prompt. It happens when I try to do anything with Git for Windows, and exiting (not just turning off, but actually using Exit from the right-click menu on the task tray icon) makes Git work properly.

The post I linked related to OfficeScan is the only match to that error message I could find via a Google search, and according to that post it was something Trend Micro fixed with a patch, but that was for OfficeScan and was a few years ago. I'm trying to find a patch for the current version of Internet Security, not OfficeScan.

A check for product updates through the context (right-click menu) tells me I am running the latest version of the software as of now.

Shouldn't a check for updates automatically upgrade me to v11? I have a subscription paid through March 2017. I would expect that subscription to include updates and upgrades that are available through that date. Is that expectation incorrect?
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Official Response
Hi @kenwhite, thanks for the reply!

To answer your question, yes, your subscription is including updates and free upgrades. In general, Trend Micro appears a pop-up to ask you if you want to upgrade to the latest version. If you haven't received the pop-up, we suggest you reinstalling Trend Micro Security to the latest version by the above support link. 

After upgrading to the latest version (Ver. 11), if the problem still persists, a possible solution to resolve your issue is below. Please go ahead and give the solution steps a try.
[Hotfix] "[0x7FFEB62770E3] ANOMALY" error message appears when running commands in Command Prompt

Please let us know if the above procedures work for you. Thanks.

Photo of kenwhite

kenwhite

TM_Linda,

The upgrade to v11.1 seems to have fixed the issue.  :-)

Thank you for the help. I appreciate it.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi @kenwhite, thanks for your kindly reply!

It's my pleasure to be helpful. :D  Please feel free to contact us anytime when you need help for Trend Micro products in the future. Thank you and happy Christmas!