get rid of internet security alert 055BCCAC9EC

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
How do I get rid of this ridiculous security alert? I have "Maximum Security" and cannot get rid of this message when I try to get on the internet via Microsoft edge. I have a Lenovo pc, windows 10, 
Photo of maryann3645

• 70 Points
  • like i will not be renewing my subscription if this doesnt get fixd.

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of djwhite077

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Not sure what it is & no time to research, but I wanted to let you know that I also have Maximum Security, a Lenovo notebook, run Windows 10, and use Edge (mostly). There must be something in your settings and/or configuration somewhere that is causing this. Good luck.
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot

• 14,984 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi maryann3645

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours.
Can you provide us with a screenshot of this error?
If you right-click on the tray icon and click on "Exit"
See off the problem still exist.
Here from you.

Kind regards,
Photo of TM_Jean

TM_Jean, Employee

• 2,670 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello maryann3645 and welcome to the Community!

Seems like this is a website redirection to a Tech Support Scam page. Can you please confirm if the screen you saw contains a number to call? 

Please check if you have the Trend Micro's latest version installed (which is version 12). There is already a Tech Support Scam Prevention feature in the latest version which will notify you if it's only a scam error. Resetting your browser will help resolve what you just encountered. You may refer to the instructions in the link provided.

Resetting your web browser for performance and website redirection issues

It would be best if you will be able to provide us the exact link where it had been redirected and the number that had been displayed on the page for the improvement of Technical Support Scam Prevention feature of Trend Micro. 

You may read this article to give you more info.

Surging Tech Support Scams and How to Avoid Them

Hope this helps!

Trend Micro Home Users Community