For 10 minutes after I boot Trend Micro puts my disk usage at 100%.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • In Progress
For 10 minutes after I boot Trend Micro puts my disk usage at 100%. Running Windows 10
Photo of jareth_2005

jareth_2005

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello jareth_2005 ! Welcome to the community!

We understand that you are having troubles with the Trend Micro program as it is consuming a huge amount of resources of your computer. Allow me to share some ideas.

Most of the times, the Trend Micro program consumes that amount of resources due to conflicts with other programs on your computer. May we know if you have some other AV programs aside from the Trend Micro Security? If yes, try removing them and see if it helps.

Another thing that might have been causing this problem is due to a corrupted update that has happened with the Trend Micro program. For this, can you recall doing a recent update with the Trend Micro program or even your operating system? If yes, you may try to do a clean reinstallation of the Trend Micro Security program and see if it will improve.

Let me know if anything works.

All the best,

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of Mark Monsky

Mark Monsky

• 60 Points
I've cleared other AV programs.  I've reinstalled your program.  The program persists.
Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 6,332 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark Monsky

Can I please get a screenshot of your Task Manager, specifically the CPU usage? Also, will you please check if the Trend Micro program is running a scan or installing updates?

^X
Photo of jareth_2005

jareth_2005

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Photo of TM_X

TM_X, Official Rep

• 5,434 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi jareth_2005

Thanks for sending that through. Have you disabled the Trend Micro program and see if it's causing the issue? From what I see, the numbers of Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platform are good. 

^X
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 22,778 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi TM_X

I think it is not!
This is normal!
There must be a problem with some of the drives that TM try to access or the telemetry program is activate the TM behavior!
So how many drives are there running at that moment and are the drivers OK
wrong AHCI driver maybe?
So jareth_2005
Tell us more about your config!

Kind regards,
Tom

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.