folder shield how to find out more about unknown programs trying to open or make unauthorised changes to open

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
trying to find out what unknown programs are trying to open or make unauthorised changes to files protected by Folder Shield and how can i block them
Photo of lozpeter30

lozpeter30

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of TM_Reine

TM_Reine, Employee

• 1,952 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi lozpeter30!

You can check your security report to know what programs are attempting to access the protected folders. For more information in using the security report, you can check 'Using the Security Report feature of Trend Micro Security'

To block these threats make sure Folder Shield is properly configured. There will be a notification if there are changes made and an option to block that program once it's detected by Folder Shield.

~ Reine
(Edited)
Photo of lozpeter30

lozpeter30

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
nope,  I want to be able to see what programs have been attempting to get in all I see are what files are being protected in the folder shield .  I need more instructions or pointers as to what icon I need to go into . (MAC) overview, web, scans, folder shield or logs (logs are showing blank)
Photo of TM_Kim

TM_Kim, Employee

• 2,612 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello lozpeter30,

Apologies for the previous link that was given. It is for checking the Security Reports for Windows Computer.

Please check this link to be able to see which programs are trying to access your files protected in the Folder Shield on your Mac Computer.
Logs generated by Antivirus for Mac

Take note that if there is nothing under Logs, it means that there is no program trying to access or modify your files under Folder Shield.

Let me know if you need more help.

- Kim