Feb. 2018 Windows update - all browsers slow

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • In Progress
After the last windows update, all of my browsers have slowed down to the point, where they take several minuted to load. Is this a cause from the way Trend Micro is conflicting with the update?
Photo of j.titus2

• 70 Points

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot

• 14,970 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi j.titus2

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours.

Here i don't have that trouble everything is working fine.
But i got the trouble before, but went away after a few day's by it self and some other people here had the same experience. So look how it goes.

Kind regards,
Photo of TM_Jean

TM_Jean, Employee

• 2,560 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi j.titus2 and welcome to the Community!

I recommend Tom's input. For the mean time, you may try first doing the basic troubleshooting steps such as checking if you have an up-to-date browsers and clearing of browsing data. You may refer to the link below for resetting your browsers.

Resetting your web browser for performance issue

For checking if browsers are up-to-date, refer to the instructions below.

Google Chrome
  1. On your computer, open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click More More.
  3. Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
  4. Click Relaunch.
Mozilla Firefox
  1. Click the menu button New Fx Menu , click help Help-29 and select About Firefox.
  2. The About Mozilla Firefox window will open. Firefox will begin checking for updates and downloading them automatically.
  3. When the updates are ready to be installed, click Restart to update Firefox.
Hope this helps!

Trend Micro Home Users Community