Failed Update of renewed subscription Max Security 2017

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
no matter what I do I cannot update the max security 2017 on one of my 6 pcs. I've used all the uninstall and remove tools but this makes no difference when I go to reinstall. What is the problem?
Photo of strainmark

strainmark

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • very annoyed with this and it is wasting time

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of strainmark

strainmark

the error is #1603, 3002, 0xe022000b
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 16,678 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Photo of strainmark

strainmark

Hi Tom

I did as recommended as per the link and after all that Trend still reports back with incomplete installation and the same error. I'm up to the 10th time doing the recommended actions by Trend. I'm a little disappointed that the "easy to install" marketing has indeed been annoyingly prolonged and still unresolved.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Photo of strainmark

strainmark

P.S. thanks for your previous advice. I learned more about Windows Firewalls and Trend Root Kit tools.
Regards, Mark
Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 16,678 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mark, i can take some further on the road, i am just a tester for TM but that brings a lot of install/uninstall from beta software. I dont know you skills but after uninstall TM, look on the system drive for Trend, Trend micro and delete all what you find what is Trend related. Then open Regedit make a backup of the Reg, and look for all the TM things in the registry, delete them all.
Then reboot, run Ccleaner, do a regclean again. Then you may try to install TM again.
Good luck,
Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,822 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tom, thanks for helping! 

Hi strainmark, regarding the error you're encountering, we just released a hotfix for it. Please refer to the help document and follow the steps to resolve: "Error Code: #1603, 3002, 0xe022000b" appears when installing Trend Micro Security

Please let us know how it goes!

Trend Micro Home Users Community