Excel 2003 crashes

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
Over the last 3 or 4 days I have had office 2003 excel running in windows 10, I kept experiencing excel crashing and to resolve the issue I have added an exception in Trend Micro software which has resolved the crashes but you should perhaps be aware of this issue, maybe you have a fix or any advice?
Photo of kpgibbin

kpgibbin

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik

• 9,374 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the Community, kpgibbin!

It's unfortunate to know that you are having issues with the Trend Micro program and Excel 2003. May we ask if you are receiving any error messages when you had the issue? One possible cause for this issue is that Office 2003 no longer receive updates from Microsoft. I referred on this link about that information. So, maybe, it would be best to consider upgrading your Microsoft Office to a newer version.

Thanks so much, let us know your thoughts about this. :)

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of kenneth

kenneth

• 60 Points
I'm having the same issue with Excel 2003 crashing from Trend Micro.  It worked fine for years until a month ago.  Though your solution may be  good one to update Excel, I ask why should we spend $300 on a perfectly usable program when your $80 program as started causing problems?  There needs to be a better fix than adding Excel to a exception list!  I wasted three full days and countless hours trying to figure out why only two out of three computers with Windows 10 wouldn't run Excel only to find out it's Trend Micro Maximum Security is the culprit.  I been a customer for over 10 years and have trusted Trend Micro but this sucks.
Photo of Max Slo

Max Slo, Champion

• 9,336 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
-I'm not a Trend Micro representative, but I like to give you some suggestion-

No problems by my side: I love LibreOffice! :)
Photo of duda0senator

duda0senator

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same issue with Excel 2003 crashing from Trend Micro. I use Excel occasionally so I have no reason to buy a new version. The problem was solved by adding Excel 2003 to the list of exceptions but this is probably not the best solution. On the second computer I have the same configuration with Bullguard Internet Secutity and this problem does not occur.
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Jabi

TM_Jabi, Employee

• 7,242 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello duda0senator

Since Microsoft already ended the support Office 2003, there's no more updates or patches being deployed on the program to fix bugs or some issues occurring to the program along with other software.

Regards,

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.