Error code 0x96000526 please contact Trend Micro Support, what does this mean? Please help as only purchased this today

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I have uninstalled previous trend micro and brought new 2017 today tried installing it goes right through but then just after installing comes up with error code 0x96000526 I am getting annoyed as until this installs my pc will be at risk if I am on the internet please can you help me
Photo of roserayryan

roserayryan

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 24,362 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rose,

Try this:

Step 1. download the Uninstall Tool from this page and perform it.

Step 2. download the Remnant File Remover Tool from this page and perform it.

Step 3. download latest version of Trend Micro Security from this page and install it.
Hope this will do.

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tom, thank you for providing the solution!

Hi @roserayryan, thank you for purchasing our product! 

For your issue, the error appears that your activation information is not getting transferred. Perhaps this is because you are using an older installer file. Could you please follow the instruction that Tom provided to do a fresh install on your computer? 

Please let us know if the solution works for you. If you are still seeing the same error code after the fresh install, may I know where did you purchase the new Serial Number? If you have purchased from a retail store, would it be possible for you to check the purchase/activation policy in the box of the software? Since some retail stores require the software to be activated in the store upon purchase.

If you have purchased from the online store, please let us know, and we will continue to assist you solving this problem. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

• 10,442 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Different concern

Please reference the new conversation here: Maximum Security Download and Install Assistance
Photo of misterjohnhenry

misterjohnhenry

• 70 Points
Hi,

Please find your download link for Trend Micro Maximum Security and serial number below.

Software Trend Micro Maximum Security
Download https://gr.trendmicro.com/GREntry/Non...
Serial Number XHMF-0018-5397-6988-6693
Sincerely,
Trend Micro, Inc.
You have received this message from an unmonitored email address. If you have questions or need help, please visit http://www.trendmicro.com/support/con...
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

Different concern

Please reference the new conversation here: Maximum Security Download and Install Assistance
Photo of TM_Kiko

TM_Kiko, Employee

Different concern

Photo of misterjohnhenry

misterjohnhenry

• 70 Points
serial number purchased online and used to download on first computer. Followed instructions to email message containing a link to the installer so I could download on another computer. I have 4 more downloads to go. Please assist with downloading on next computer. Thank you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.