Error 0xc00000e5

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Acknowledged
I have encounter the above error when i tried to update the trend micro software after purchasing a two year coverage. it has not allowed me to continue with the new updates. May i check how can i rectify this?
Photo of sohpengkiam

sohpengkiam

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot, Champion

• 16,678 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sohpengkiam,

Welcome to TM Home users Community, a public site where volunteers try to help each-other , also there are TM Employees that can give answers, that is only at working hours.
Do first a uninstall of TM.
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/1037161.aspx?_ga=1.260107213.1701...
Then install again.
Installing Internet Security 2017
https://esupport.trendmicro.com/en-us/home/pages/technical-support/internet-security-2017/1115023.as...
Like to here from you,

Kind regards,
Tom
Photo of TM_Nicole

TM_Nicole, Employee

• 830 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hello, @Tom Emmelot!

We appreciate your help regarding this matter.

Hi, @sohpengkiam!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Trend Micro Community!

The error code you are receiving is a common error code that comes from different applications. For us to help you further, we would like to know the following in regards to this issue:

1. Does this particular error code come from a Trend Micro popup? If so, you may provide us a screenshot so that we can check our resources for a fix.
2. We checked your records, and it seems that you just purchased a new license and you have not yet installed this new software. In regards to this, were you able to install this new software? In addition, is this somehow related to the "update" you've mentioned?
3. You mentioned that you tried to update the Trend Micro program. How are you doing this exactly? Are you updating the software from the Trend Micro program's main console? If not, from where?

We will wait for your responses on the questions above.

In the meantime, you may refer to the recommended solution if you were able to install the software in regards to the 2nd question posted above.

1. Press the Windows Key + R buttons on your keyboard simultaneously to open the "Run" window. Clear out anything written in the field.
2. Type "supporttool.exe" without the quotes, and click OK.
3. Go to the "Uninstall" tab.
4. Click on "Stop all components" > click on the two (2) "Delete Now" buttons with the number "2." and "3." labels beside it > click on "Start all components".
5. Open the Trend Micro program's main console.
6. Click on the link for "latest protection" from "You have access to the latest protection". The program should be checking for updates and notify you once the latest updates have been installed.

Please let us know if this recommended solution worked. We will be glad to assist you if the issue persists.

Have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)