does Trend Home Users security prevent scammers from establishing a back door to my Pc while I'm on line ?

• Idea
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Implemented
I would expect better R and D and regular updates from Trend to protect me against this sort of ransom ware.  That's why I pay you  !!!!   I request more upfront information on this topic please. Is this for real  ?  Just how vulnerable am I on the internet  with your product engaged to protect me ? a little ?  a modest or a high degree and this thief just got lucky ?  As your consumer, I still demand an explanation as to how frequent this back door ransom ware is and what can I do to save my computer ?
Photo of cdeer

cdeer

• 70 Points
  • anxious and frustrated

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of TM_Reine

TM_Reine, Employee

• 1,942 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi cdeer,

Welcome to the Trend Micro Home Users Community.

May I ask how do you say your computer is infected? what are the symptoms you observed?

The Trend Micro program has built in ransomware protection, specifically the feature Folder Shield protects your files in case of ransomware encryption. The program also has a real time scanner which prevents any unauthorized actions by suspicious programs. You'll get a notification immediately if it detects something. You'll also get a notification for any important updates, which you can also manually download by opening the About Software window on the main console.

For more information you may read through these support guides:

Ransomware: Introduction, Prevention and Trend Micro Security Solutions
"Ransomware Threat Blocked" popup message appears on your computer

- Reine
(Edited)