Disk 100%

• Problem
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • In Progress
Hi!
Regularly the Task Manager (Windows 10) indicates: Disk 100%, and my PC is practically blocked. Is there a relationship with the use of Trend MIS?
Have a good day.
André Dinant.
Photo of andre.dinant

andre.dinant

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,842 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for contacting us in community! We haven't seen cases where Trend Micro Security causes Win 10 100% Disk, so it's not likely Trend Micro Security is the cause.
To verify if the issue you're encountering is caused by Internet Security, please follow the online doc below to turn it off and check if your disk % is still at 100%. 
Disabling or enabling your Trend Micro Security software

Please don't forget to turn Trend Micro Security back on after the check.

If you confirmed the disk usage is caused by Trend Micro Internet Security, please let us know and we'll assist you further. Alternatively, here's a Windows 10 100% Disk discussion on Microsoft community, please check if it helps:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-to-fix-100-disk-usage-in-wi...

Let us know if you were able to resolve your 100% disk issue.

Trend Micro Home Users Community 
Photo of andre.dinant

andre.dinant

Hi Claudia!
I think holding the guilty:

Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platform at 99.9% disk

Regards,

André.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

Thank you for the reply, André! I'm sorry to hear this issue caused by Trend Micro Anti-Malware Solution Platform. We suggest you to add resource-intensive programs to Internet Security's Exception List, so Internet Security will not real-time scan these programs while opening or running. You can download and use Trend Micro Performance Tuning Tool by following the below help page to easily add resource-intensive programs to Exception List:
Resolving performance issues using the Trend Micro Performance Tuning Tool

Please let us know if the solution works for you. Thanks!

Photo of andre.dinant

andre.dinant

After this installation, TM Diagnostic Toolkit is working permanently at >90%. TM IS is no more operational. Open of TM takes 1 minute but end without message. 
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

Sorry that the solution didn't work for you. From your description, I suspect this might possibly be an hardware capacity issue. Could you please refer to below page to confirm your computer environment?
System Requirements for Trend Micro Security 10 (2016) - see "Internet Security" section.

If there's no problem with the system requirements, we suggest you to reinstall your Internet Security with following page to reset all of the things:
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program

If the problem persists after reinstalled, I'm afraid that the issue you're encountering is too complicated to resolve here, so we'd like to suggest you to call our support center directly, where our engineers will be able to work with you to investigate and resolve. You can find the contact info in below page. Thank you. 
Ways to Contact Support - see "Call Standard Support" section

Photo of analytical

analytical

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
A computer expert suggested to me that Trend Micro was the cause of the Disk 100% problem that slowed the computer. I was told that that my computer's own protection (Windows Defender) was adequate protection, and that I the computer would probably work better without Trend Micro. I uninstalled Trend Micro and my computer seems to be performing much better.
Good Luck.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.