DId I buy the product tonce or twice? Hi!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi! I am somewhat confused - I purchased TM yesterday - for one PC and one android mobile phone. I installed it on my computer yesterday, and today tried to install it on my mobile. Despite entering the correct activation key several times it did not seem to me as if my key had been accepted. Suddenly I got a message that I had bought protection for the mobile - not sure whether this was a new purchase or part of the package deal I bought the previous day. Can you enlighten me please?
Photo of 35jamool

35jamool

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of TM_Joemar

TM_Joemar, Official Rep

• 3,220 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi 35jamool,

Welcome to the Community!

Upon checking, you have 1 licenses for Mobile Security and 1 license of Maximum Security.

Yes. It looks like you purchase another subscription for Mobile Security.

Regards,
Joemar
Photo of 35jamool

35jamool

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately you do not inform me how this problem can be solved - it must be obvious that it was not what I intended to do - as stated, when I entered my code to activate the security for the mobile phone (more than once, and checking it was correct), it was not accepted.

THe question is whether you are going to refund me the second (nncessary) purchase and assist me in activating the one I actually bought or not.
Photo of TM_Iya

TM_Iya, Employee

• 1,254 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi 35jamool,

Apologies for this.

Did you got any error message when you are trying to enter your serial number or activation key that's why you feel that it was not yet activated on your mobile phone?

I double checked your account details and I have confirmed that the Trend Micro program that you purchased was the Maximum Security good for 2 devices. I have seen that you have activated that license successfully in both of your PC and android phone.

Can you try to check your android device, then open the Trend Micro Mobile Security app and look for the expiration date? Let me know if you will see the correct expiration date of your subscription and it should be good up until January 3, 2020.

Please don't hesitate to reply if you have other questions.

~Iya
Photo of 35jamool

35jamool

Thank you for the response.

Your question: "Did you got any error message when you are trying to enter your serial number or activation key that's why you feel that it was not yet activated on your mobile phone?"
Response: No, nothing happened when I entered the key  - which I did at least 4 times. No error message, no confirmation message. I do not know whether I inadvertently touched a trial subscription link or request to buy a subscription, but the next moment a message came up saying I had successfully purchased a subscription.

You have requested that I look at the expiration date:
There was no expiry date visible. There was an instruction to go to my subscription details. I tapped on it and the following details were displayed:

(1)The Trend Micro Security expiry date is January 3, 2020 and auto renew is on, so I suppose it will renew for another year as I had bought a 2yr subscription.

(2) Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition is shown as having 6 days left, expiring on 9 January 2019.

Any idea what is happening and how to fix it?

Johannes

Photo of TM_Joemar

TM_Joemar, Official Rep

• 3,220 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi 35jamool,

Sorry for the wrong information on my first reply.

The protection is already activated on your desktop and your mobile device which upon checking is a Samsung Galaxy S7.
The Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition shown on your account which will expire on  9 January 2019 is a trial version. Please disregard it and let it expire as you already have protection on your mobile device.

Regards,
Joemar
Photo of 35jamool

35jamool

Thank you for your assistance.

Johannes