Debug Logs Filling Storage - Over 150 GB daily

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Debug logs are filling up storage and I cannot stop it. I have changed registry values for DebugLevel to 0 for off and also set the parameter in command line and restarted the AMSP log server and still nothing. Does anyone have this problem as well?
Photo of Anxious26

Anxious26

• 70 Points
  • frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thank you for reporting this issue. For your question, here's a related community topic that should answer your question:
Debug data is too large and takes up 36 gb on my hard drive about three files make up the bulk of this. how can I reduce the size 

Please try and let us know if this resolves your issue. Thanks!

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of swickjess1

swickjess1

• 70 Points
I too am having trouble with Trend Micro files consuming my C: memory at an alarming rate. I renewed my subscription to TM Max Security in November. Late in December I noticed my free memory was steadily decreasing and since has decreased at the rate of 3-4 GB per day. I found about 7GB of loss in C:\windows\system32\log (tmwlutil text document files) and simply deleted them. I found your recommended solution ("Debug data is too large and takes up 36 gb", etc) and deleted all the contents of the Trend Micro program Archive folder as per your direction. Didn't help much but some. I then tried to disable the debug process but when I opened AmspConfig from my desktop I found the DebugLogAMSPServiceStart already set to zero so the debug shouldn't have been happening but it was.
So, three questions: 1) How do I stop the tmwutil text documents from being generated to system32 log?; 2) Is there something else I should do to disable Debug?; and 3) Can I simply delete all of the Tmsysevt,Tmxfalcon and Tmwlchk text documents in the AMSP debug folder?
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi @swickjess1, sorry that the solution didn't work for you.

For you issue, I am afraid that we have to escalate this case to our Product Developers Team for further investigation.

Also, we need you to provide related information so we can investigate why it keeps generating logs. Just want to confirm, is it ok for you to get escalated?

(Edited)
Photo of swickjess1

swickjess1

• 70 Points
Hello TM_Linda,

By the morning of 2/4 my PC was barely functioning and I had heard nothing from Community yet so I had to do something. I began going through each and every solution offered over the past 6 months that seemed to address a similar problem. There were other solutions recommended that I tried but still none helped. Then I read the frustrated comments of an individual with similar problems and you suggested that you too were stumped and that the user should try to download the TM Max Security upgrade. ??? I, like the other individual was surprised. I didn't know there was an upgrade available. And since I had only downloaded my new software November 1 I couldn't imagine it could be much different than the one I was using. I logged on to the TM site and under my account there was a note recommending that I upgrade. I decided to give it a shot and what do you know, 45 minutes later I had 199 Gb free space! The only files I had to manually delete were in windows\system32\log.
Everything seems to be working well now but I'm going to keep a close eye on my free space. The problem didn't begin the last time immediately upon downloading the original version of 2017 TMMS on 11/1, but began on 12/24 so perhaps something else, an update maybe, triggered the debug file generation. I will let you know if the little bugger gets hungry once again and begins eating my free space!
Thanks for your help! 
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi @swickjess1, thanks for getting back!

It seems that everything is back to normal after reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security. If you still encounter the same issue, please let us know, and we'll pass this issue to our related team for further investigation.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.