Create a new folder out of Office 2016 takes one minute Windows 10

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • In Progress
Problem starts if I work with Word/Excel and would to "safe under" and then create a new Folder, to save this new Folder it takes nearly one Minute, nothing work.
If I stop Trend Micro it will take 1 second.

Fujitsu Notebook Lifebook A
Windows 10 Home Build 14393
Office 2016
Trend Micro Maximum Security
Photo of frank.oelkers

frank.oelkers

• 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @frank.oelkers, thank you for reporting this issue. 

For your issue, we would like to suggest that you reinstall Trend Micro Security to the latest version to check if your problem is solved. You can refer to the link below for detailed steps:
Reinstalling the latest version of Trend Micro Security program

If the problem persists after you tried reinstall Trend Micro Security, please provide the following information for us:
  • Where did you create a new Folder? (e.g. Desktop, USB, Drive D: etc.)
  • If you save the files in domain folder, the problem still happened? 
  • Does the problem happen to other Microsoft Office Programs? (e.g. Power Point etc.)
Once we understand more background, we'll be able to better assist you and recommend solutions. Thanks.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of frank.oelkers

frank.oelkers

• 70 Points
Hi Linda,

thanks for your Reply.

I have reinstalled TrendMicro as you suggested. No Change.

I want to create the new folders on my hard Disc C:. No USB Drive etc.

I have the same problems if I want to create Folders connected to OneDrive. It makes no odds.

I can generate this problem only in Word and Excel. First Trial in Excel was successfull, second Trial i get the old result.

PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Publischer works nomaly.

Any other idea?

Regards
Frank
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi Frank, sorry for not getting back earlier. 

For your issue, I want to make sure which part of Trend Micro Security brings about this problem. So could you please follow the instructions, and let us know in which step can solve your problem.

Step 1: Stop your Real-Time Scan
  1. Right-click on the Trend Micro system tray icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
  2. Click "Protection Against Viruses & Spyware" and the Real-Time Scan will be disabled temporality.
Step 2: Stop User Mode Hooking
  1. Click Start > All Apps > Trend Micro Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
  2. Click the (B) Uninstall tab.
  3. Check User Mode Hooking
Step 3: Add Word and Excel to the Exception List
You can refer to the link below for detailed steps:
Configuring the Exception List of Trend Micro Security software - refer to "Add programs or folders"

It's quite a few steps to perform, but please do let us the result of your verification. We'll help you further when we hear back from you. Or you can optionally contact our chat support directly, where our engineers will be able to work with you in-depth to investigate further and help you more efficiently. 

Ways to Contact Support  - see "Chat with a Technical Support Engineer" section

Thanks!

(Edited)
Photo of frank.oelkers

frank.oelkers

• 70 Points
Hi Linda,

I have try it. Please have a look to my coniguration if its right.

If I set the "x" at hooking there is no Change.

If the I turn "Protection Against Viruses & Spyware" of it works, if I turn it on it will not work.

Thanks for you Support.

Regards
Frank
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

Hi Frank, thanks for the details!

I understand after turning "Protection Against Viruses & Spyware" off, the problem of Word/Excel is solved. Just to confirm, if you turn "Protection Against Viruses & Spyware" on, and add Word/Excel to the Exception List as above, how it goes?

If the solution didn't work for you, I'll definitely pass this issue to our Development Team for further investigation. Thank you!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.