Cost of Password Manager

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
How much Password Manger, I need to know the cost I am on a limited income. I feel if it is quite high, I will be better off trying to find one of those Password Managers, that is free online. I am sure though there is a catch to it though, I just thought the Password Manager came free when I bought my Microtrend Maxium Internet Security. 
Photo of rxpayne

rxpayne

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

• 8,018 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Here is a previous reply to a question of that nature from one of the good people at Trend Micro:

TM_Claudia, Official Rep

• 8,274 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response

Hi Dave,

Thank you for letting us know the issue you're encountering. Master Password is the password you use it every time when you open the Password Manager console. It differs with the Trend Micro Account Password which you use it to activate our product or log into your Trend Micro Account.

If you forgot to set up a Master Password for your Password Manager, please refer to the following support page to setting:
Forgot to set up a Master Password after setting up or signing in to Password Manager

If you forget the Master Password you set, you need to reset it and in doing so, it will remove all your saved Password Manager data.
*Note: Trend Micro does not keep a copy of your Master Password and cannot help you retrieve it.

Here's an online doc for your reference:
Resetting the Master Password of Password Manager
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,842 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi woodartisan55, thanks for helping! Since rxpayne was asking for the cost of Password Manager, the previous response I posted might not able to answer his question. However, it's always good to have your help! : D

Hi rxpayne, as your understanding, Password Manager is included with your Trend Micro Maximum Security subscription. Did you install and activate it by the e-mail that you registered for Maximum Security? 

You can refer to the FAQ below to know what is the difference between the free and paid version:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Password Manager

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of woodartisan55

woodartisan55, Champion

• 8,018 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Hi Claudia and thank you for clarifying the response. The idea was to let rxpayne know that he already had it and that it needed to be activated and accessed for his use.

Your explanation is much clearer.
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia, Employee

• 10,842 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Thanks  : -)  It's good to have you in this community!
(Edited)
Photo of rxpayne

rxpayne

Your most welcome Claudia
Photo of rxpayne

rxpayne

Hello Claudia, you can close the situation concerning the Password Manager.
I have my answer to my question, thank you very much for your assistance.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @rxpayne, thanks for the reply! It's our pleasure to be helpful. 

Please feel free to ask questions or report product issues in the community in the future. Thank you!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.