Confused about the differences between your products.

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
I am running Windows10 and TrendMicro Antivirus+ (Version 15.0). I don't see my software listed on your website as a product. Is Antivirus + Security the same product that I have?

I'd also like to know if the software installed on my computer will protect from viruses, malware and ransomware.
It's a bit confusing trying to figure out what your products do and if I need to buy several to fully cover me, of if there's one product that "does it all" for the home user.
Thanks
Photo of joesentme

joesentme

• 70 Points

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of TM_Mac

TM_Mac, Official Rep

• 1,310 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello joesentme

For the feature comparison between our products, you may refer to this link: Trend Micro Security software feature comparison

Hope this helps.

Regards, 
Mac
Photo of SEAMANALAN

SEAMANALAN

• 794 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I'm with you.  Everyone buys antivirus software for the same reason, & I see no reason for so many "products" with Trend.
Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 10,286 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi SEAMANALAN,

I get your point, it's like, it functions the same why make different versions of it? Main reason for that is the numbers of devices that one subscription can cover. Let's say Trend Micro Antivirus Plus Security - this product can only protect 1 computer. The other one, Trend Micro Internet Security can protect 3 computers. Lastly, the Trend Micro Maximum Security can cover either 5 or 10 devices (depending on the subscription) including Android, iOS, Windows and Mac.

The reason it was put that way because not all users would want to have Maximum Security when they only have 1 computer to protect.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Pat
Photo of SEAMANALAN

SEAMANALAN

• 794 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
ThANKS , pat---but that does not explain why you sell so many products as though they are completely different.  I think that in the real world, everyone wants something that simply keeps bad stuff off their computer. Better to advertise: TREND ANTIVIRUS, BEST IN THE BUSINESS.  $... FOR ONE COMPUTER, $...FOR EACH ADDITIONAL COMPUTER. 
Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 10,286 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi SEAMANALAN,

I think the best answer to your question is not all users has the same needs. You have different security needs than me and to all other. As a security company, we studied what the people may need for their security, hence we created different products for all of our customers.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Pat