Can't Open AOL Mail After 7/30/19 Trend Micro Update

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Solved
I just loaded the latest TrendMicro update and can no longer open AOL mail. I get a "Blerk" error saying security settings can keep AOL mail from opening. I tried opening using both Edge and Firefox browsers with the same error occurring each time. What do I need to change?
Photo of jcar4a

jcar4a

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • ANGRY as I can't do my work!

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of TM_Reine

TM_Reine, Employee

• 1,972 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi jcar4a,

We can try to isolate the issue if it's caused by the Trend Micro program. Please try to disable the Trend Micro program and check if you still can't open AOL, to do that please follow the steps in this guide:

Disabling or enabling your Trend Micro Security software

Hope it works out. 

- Reine
Photo of jcar4a

jcar4a

It appears to be an AOL problem as disabling Trend Micro did not solve the problem. However, the problem only began after the 7/30 update was installed & I restarted the computer to activate the update. Thanks for trying to help!
Photo of TM_Kree

TM_Kree, Official Rep

• 2,212 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello jcar4a

We also conduct a series of test to check what's causing the problem and it shows that it's not a Trend Micro related problem. AOL is working on the solution for this issue, if you have other questions you may contact AOL support.

Have a nice day!

^Kree
Photo of TM_Kim

TM_Kim, Employee

• 2,652 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi, jcar4a.

This issue has been fixed by AOL Support already. Please try to access AOL Mail on your end now.

In case you need more help, let us know immediately.

- Kim
Photo of jcar4a

jcar4a

One of your associates suggested I turn off Trend Micro security and retry AOL and the problem persisted, so I realized then it was an AOL problem and it has since been fixed.  Thanks very much for your follow up and support!!
Photo of TM_Kim

TM_Kim, Employee

• 2,652 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Glad to know that it's all good on your end now, jcar4a.

Please make sure to enable your Trend Micro program again. Here's how you do it:
Enabling your Trend Micro Software

Have a great day!

- Kim
(Edited)
Photo of jcar4a

jcar4a

I re-enabled Trend Micro immediately after finding out that turning it off did not fix the AOL problem.  That's when I knew the problem was with AOL and not TM.
Photo of TM_Cha

TM_Cha, Employee

• 1,884 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi jcar4a,

In case you need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

~Cha
Photo of jcar4a

jcar4a

I cannot open TrendMicro to verify coverage on one of my 3 devices, known as "Sharon's PC".  While the TrendMicro icon looks fine, when I try to open it I get the message "failed to load the required icudt library".  What do I need to do to fix this?
Photo of TM_Pia

TM_Pia, Employee

• 2,186 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi jcar4a,

This could happen because of a conflicting software. To remove the conflicting software, you can refer from the link below:

Removing Conflicting Softwares

If you still encounter this after deleting a conflicting software, you can try reinstalling the software. To reinstall you can refer from the link below:

Using the Reinstall Tool

You can also provide a screenshot of the message you were receiving, the basic computer info and the action taken before receiving this error message. 

Hope this helps.

~Pia