cannot update my virus software because it wants me to renew and I have two weeks left on subscription

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Answered
I cannot update my virus scan because my subscription expires in two weeks!!! Are you kidding me? So nutshell I have outdated virus protection and they want me to renew? Or I do not get to update. Really I paid for a full year of protection and updates. Not two weeks shy of a year. I click on it what do I get? Renew your scubscription but no updates on the virus scanner. I renew my virus protection by getting in in a brick and mortar store. Not online. And if this issue is not fixed. There are other virus programs that run the FULL YEAR WITH UPDATES!!! I just might do that within the two weeks. My computer needs protection not to be held hostage with updates till I renew. Before my subscription expires!!!
Photo of heartofglass888

heartofglass888

• 70 Points
  • How do I feel. That is moot. I expect the program to update

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Amir

Amir

• 4,600 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi,

if you buy new license from Store , you can insert license in your Antivirus.

After insert license and register it , Antivirus automatically update and you protect.

better you  renewal license or buy new license before expire this license .

if license expired and do not renewal , sure protection is off and maybe infected with threats.

Regards ,

Amir

Photo of TM_Cha

TM_Cha, Employee

• 1,814 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the information, Amir!
Photo of TM_Cha

TM_Cha, Employee

• 1,844 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to hear about this, heartofglass888. I was able to check your subscription details and it shows that you already have the latest version installed on your computer. You may do a manual update as well. Here's the instruction in updating the program manually: Updating Trend Micro 

Rest assured that your computer is protected since your subscription is valid until May 7, 2019 and you have just received a reminder regarding the renewal of your subscription. 

If you'll purchase the subscription from a retail store, you can just change the serial number. Here's how you can do it: Changing the Serial Number of Trend Micro Security Software

Hope this helps. 

~Cha
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.