Automatic Renewal for Trend Micro Maximum Security 2016.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Automatic Renewal for Trend Micro Maximum Security 2016 has been sent for £129.90. I have looked as a new customer to buy on web and find that Maximum Security 10 is showing 40% discounted to £67.97 is this the right way to treat long standing customers? I find this a little bit sour. 
Photo of rawdingmj

rawdingmj

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • annoyed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_Paul

TM_Paul

• 592 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
We are sorry for the confusion, Trend Micro product prices may differ due to Serial Number promotions. Normally the Auto-Renewal provides 10% discount every time it gets renewed. We'd highly recommend you to manually renew each year should you want to keep track of our promos and discounts.

Cheers!  
Photo of ncalder

ncalder

• 64 Points
Glad to see a forthright answer.  Trend is pushing auto-renew which can lead to poster's predicament. Good advice.
Photo of vic.zubko

vic.zubko

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have been using trend for the last 12 years, each year the renewal charge is 30-40% higher than a new installation cost, even with this supposed 10% discount. This is a poor way to treat loyal customers.
Photo of TM_L

TM_L, Official Rep

• 15,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi @vic.zubko, we are sorry to make you feel that way, and we completely understand your concern and frustration.

I've raised your concern to our Marketing Department. As we always want to satisfy our loyal customers, I believe that they will consider about this seriously.

Again, thanks for keep supporting Trend Micro Security.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of L Simon

L Simon

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Trend Micro continues its  practice of setting customers up to auto-renew and then charging them a much higher rate to renew than for a new installation (even though a simple renewal should, if anything, cost Trend Micro less to process than a completely new installation).  They even lie to existing customers and tell them that they are getting a discount (from a made-up price that nobody actually pays) when the renewal price is uniformly much higher than the actual new installation price. Trend Micro doesn't care at all about its loyal long-time customers, only about squeezing as much money out of them as they can get through this deceptive practice.
Photo of vic.zubko

vic.zubko

Just renewed a 2 year contract for 5 workstations using the US site. Saved over 40% over renewal price.
Photo of TM_Gerald

TM_Gerald, Employee

• 554 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi @L Simon, we apologize for the experience this has caused you. Though if I were in your position, I'd most likely feel the same way too.

Rest assured that your concern has been escalated to our Marketing Department, and they're currently working on this issue. Though some are happy with the automatic renewal even if it's higher priced due to the great level of convenience that it provides.

If you want to avail the latest promos and discounts, I suggest you check out the Trend Micro Online Store more often, so you can renew your active subscription and take advantage of the sale just before it expires.
Photo of vic.zubko

vic.zubko

So it appears that Trend themselves admit that 'auto renewal' is not in the best economic interest of existing customers... It's also pointless referring the matter to the Trend Marketing dept. as they probably instigated 'auto renewal' as a profit making ploy to be used with the 'not so savvy' customers.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.