Application Error (0x00000e5)

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • In Progress
hello I have just downloaded trend Maximum Security and now i cant open my programs on my PC i have an error "The application was unable to start correctly (0x00000e5) Click OK to close the program " can anyone help?
Photo of luke

luke

• 70 Points

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of TM_Malik

TM_Malik, Employee

• 5,626 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi luke,

Thank you for your post and welcome!

We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing after installing the Trend Micro program. Upon checking on the error message, this is potentially caused by a conflicting program with the Trend Micro program. With that, kindly check your computer's installed programs through the Control Panel and uninstall any conflicting programs to resolve the issue.

Here is a webpage to open the list of conflicting programs we need to remove: Programs to remove before installing Trend Micro Security. Usual conflicting programs are McAfee, Kaspersky, AVG, Avira, and many more.

Here are the steps to remove a program on your computer:
  1. On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key+ R keys.
  2. In the Open field, type "appwiz.cpl", then press ENTER. The Programs and Features window will open.
  3. Select the program you wish to remove, then click Remove or Uninstall.
  4. Wait for the program to be uninstalled, then restart your computer. 
I see here that you have also contacted our technical support, if it's convenient for your kindly refer to the reference numbers provided to you through email moving forward.

Hope this helps. Thanks so much and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community