Annual Renewal of Protection

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Ever since I have had a PC I have always used Trend Micro for protection. I usually buy locally from a retailer or online and install it a couple of weeks before the current cover is due to expire. Each time the new installation shows the expiry date as 12 months from the date I have installed it and not 12 months from the date of the old cover. In effect if I did not raise this with Trend Micro I would be losinig out on approximately 14 days cover every year when I renew. Previously I have raised this issue each renewal and Trend Micro have extended the new cover out to what I consider my Annual Renewal Date. Is it possible to implement a system whereby my Annual Renewal Date stays constant so I don't have to keep asking for it to be amended each year when I renew. Accordinly I am now asking for my latest expiry date to be moved out until January 2020.
Photo of binning

binning

• 70 Points
  • Confident my new cover will be extended as done in the past.

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Official Rep

• 11,246 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello binning,

Thanks for posting here.

This is actually a good point that you raised here. However, Trend Micro serial numbers supports a completely independent subscription. That explains why the remaining days from your previous serial number is not being carried over. 

Once you change your serial number, there is a notice that explains this situation. With that we recommend our users to change your serial number on or before your subscription expires.

Anyway, we're all hands on here so if you plan to change your serial number way ahead of time, just let us know then we'll do the necessary adjustment for you.

Regards,
Pat
Photo of Max Slo

Max Slo, Champion

• 9,626 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
-I'm not a Trend Micro Representative-

Hello Binning,
why not enable autorenew? 
If you like TM it is better that manually renew every year. 

Maybe I did not understand something, in this case... sorry! :P