100% Disk Usage Nightmare Over

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: My fairly new Acer Aspire only works well with Trend Micro turned off.

Since I turned off TM and just turned on Microsoft Defender my computer works like a normal computer. I can actually switch to Word and other programs without the computer absurdly slowing down or getting the "program not responding" message. I'm no longer dealing with mysteriously long start ups and intermittent and exacerbating 100% disk usage that has made my computer useless on just too many occasions.

I'm cancelling my TM subscription since I have never seen a clear answer on this issue and nobody has responded to another post I put up about this. If you are dealing with 100% disk usage and your computer often works like a halting idiot, just try exiting Trend Micro and you'll be amazed. Then use Microsoft Defender or go to some other internet security provider.
Photo of dabrucohen

dabrucohen

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of taniapaulaust

taniapaulaust

• 70 Points
I'm in the same position - my staff are doing the "fix" as suggested by Trend - every week.  This is taking 2 hours per week.  I am exceptionally unhappy.  Today I need to work but instead I have spent 1.5 hours so far uninstalling and reinstalling Trend using the suggested methods.  Not difficult to do but why the hell should I be doing it at all?

Photo of dabrucohen

dabrucohen

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm following the suggestions in this article and ditching Trend Micro - https://www.howtogeek.com/225385/what%E2%80%99s-the-best-antivirus-for-windows-10-is-windows-defende...
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.