"Website Blocked" message about 50 times a day.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I get a "Website Blocked" message about 50 times a day and have to keep selecting OK to close the message. Can I turn the notice off and avoid having to deal with it every time?
Photo of kent

kent

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TM_Shei

TM_Shei, Alum

• 1,138 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi kent and welcome to the community!

You can add the said website under exception list but take note that if you add the said website, Trend Micro can no longer block it if it has malicious contents. To add it under the exception list, just follow the instructions using the link below.

Configuring the Exception List of Trend Micro Security software

Should you have further questions, please let us know so that we can assist you.

Thank you and have a great day! 

Trend Micro Home Users Community
Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 5,242 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi @kent,

In addition to what TM_Shei has mentioned, can you also provide to us the specific website address that the Trend Micro keeps on blocking? What is the exact error message that you're getting from Trend Micro? Also, on what browser are you getting this error? 

If the error message is "Transfer of Data Protected Blocked", please refer to the link below:

Transfer of Data Protected Blocked error message

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thank you and have a great day! :)

Photo of kent

kent

Not sure how do to copy the actual message but following are some particulars. It seems it only pops up when I am on the Oneplace website. Hope this helps. Thanks Kent

https://pulse.salemwebnetwork.com/ping?h=oneplace.com&p=%2Fministries%2Fpowerpoint%2F&u=c8cf...CategoryWeb Advertisement
Photo of kent

kent

Also, I use Firefox as my web browser. Thx. Kent
Photo of kent

kent

Here's another: Transfer of Data Blocked;

firefox.exe(3)

Category: Phone number(3)
Photo of TM_Victor

TM_Victor, Employee

• 4,942 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi kent,

With the descriptions that you are informing, pretty much it describes the features of the Data Theft Prevention feature of your Trend Micro program.

Also, the website you have informed which was "Oneplace" is the web page that has your phone number. The feature detects this entry and blocks it to avoid data theft.

Can we ask if you have probably saved or configure to subscribe in this "Oneplace" website?

If so, to stop the messages, you may try to perform the procedures illustrated below:

1. Open the Trend Micro Program

2. Click on the Configure button on the left of Data Theft Prevention.

3. Slide the slider to Off. Then click on Ok.

4. Try again if the messages would still appear that the web site is blocked.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thank you and have a great day!

Photo of kwulabear

kwulabear

• 60 Points
I'd like to add that if using parental controls with web site filter and web advertisement checked to block under communications and media, the website blocked message comes up on every web page visted. Please give a setting to hide the message. I don't need parental controls but I hate web advertisement so I always use the block web advertisement. This never was a problem with version 11 and older. Only the new ver 12.
(Edited)
Photo of TM_Ian

TM_Ian, Employee

• 5,242 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi @kwulabear 

Thank you for this information and apologies for any trouble.

Have you enabled the Trend Micro toolbar on your web browser? You may please try to do so by visiting the link below:

Enabling Trend Micro plug-ins or extensions on web browsers

We hope this helps,

Happy weekend! :)

Photo of FroggyKaleo

FroggyKaleo

• 70 Points
I have the same concern:  constant notification of blocked Web Advertisements.  Please clarify how to continue the blocking of web ads, but not to get notification of every occurrence.
Photo of TM_Pat

TM_Pat, Employee

• 11,326 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello FroggyKaleo and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for letting us know of your concern. If you wouldn't want to get notifications from Trend Micro Security every time it will detect or block something on your computer, you may simply modify it's settings. Please see the figure below.

You may remove the check mark from the highlighted option from the figure above. That will then stop the program from giving you pop up notifications.

I hope this answers your question. Should you have any other concern, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Photo of FroggyKaleo

FroggyKaleo

• 70 Points
thanks for your quick feedback.  i made the suggested change, but i'm still getting these pop-ups...
Photo of kent

kent

I also made the change but continue to get the pop-ups! Thanks. K
Photo of TM_Victor

TM_Victor, Employee

• 4,942 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi FroggyKaleo and kent,

Can we request that you contact us via our support hotlines? This is for our engineers to request the security logs that has been recorded by your Trend Micro program and check on them why they are being blocked.

You may reach us using the contact information on this link Contact Trend Micro Technical Support.

We hope to hear from you soon.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.