“Restart Required” error message appears

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Followed instruction. 
1. No Trend driver
2. No Plug & play in the device list.
What do I do now? Please and thank you.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: my trend micro maximum security 10 installation asked me to keep restart computer....
Photo of muddytiger

muddytiger

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

• 10,882 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I understand you've tried the following solution, but the problem has no resolved.
“Restart Required” error message appears when installing Trend Micro Program
“Protection Disabled ... Restart Required” still appears when opening the main console of your Trend Micro Security

Since this issues could be due to a number of different factors, could you provide the information below, so we can know the situation better?
- Basic PC information (Windows OS, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- When did the error message appear? (Installing the latest version, opening the main console, updating the program etc.)
- the screenshot of the error message.
  Here's a support page for your reference: Taking a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

We will help you as soon as possible.

Trend Micro Home Users Community
(Edited)
Photo of muddytiger

muddytiger

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Possible solution that worked for me. Logged into my account. select Support tab. Clicked on Please visit Trend Micro Support. Select for home. Select 3rd in List from Top Technical Issues - Here's the linkand then reinstalled the Trend security program by following and clicking below info and link.

To resolve this issue, do the following:
  1. Uninstall or delete the other security programs or incompatible software installed on your computer. Refer to this Knowledge Base article on how to check and remove incompatible software: Programs to remove before Trend Micro Security.

Hope this helps.
Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

Thank you for sharing the solution! Glad to know the problem solves on your end and hope this thread could help others.

Please feel free to come back to this community in the future if you need anything else.

Photo of marlifazio

marlifazio

• 60 Points

I am having the same problem. I don't have any of the programs listed to be remove installed on my computer. Any other solutions? Thank you.

Photo of TM_Claudia

TM_Claudia

Hi marlifazio, have you tried all above solutions (includes 4 support pages)? If the problem still persists, please provide below information for us.

- Basic PC information (Windows OS, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- When did the error message appear? (Installing the latest version, opening the main console, updating the program etc.)
- the screenshot of the error message. Here's a support page for your reference: Taking a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support.

We will help you as soon as possible when we received further details from you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.