(Beta) Installation Problem

• Problem
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Solved
I downloaded the Beta 2020 and have been trying since 10:30 to get it to install.
It has sat here removing my current version but has not moved to installing.
I am on Windows 10 64 bit
HP Pavillion 23

I deleted the download and tried it again in case there was an issue with the first download, turned off the windows firewall and now I only get asked if I want it to make changes to my system which I click yes and install anyway since it is not from the Microsoft store. NOthing is happening now for any install.
Photo of pj_hackman

pj_hackman

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of pj_hackman

pj_hackman

This is the error I get now after going into task manager and closing the set up then it runs through checking my system to uninstall the previous version.

Photo of pj_hackman

pj_hackman

Photo of pj_hackman

pj_hackman

Well after countless attempts and rebooting and reinstalling the version I had to start with it finally installed the Beta version!! so we will see how this goes now
Photo of TM_Dan

TM_Dan, Employee

Hi pj_hackman,

Thank you for raising this concern/possible bug with Trend Micro Security 2020 Beta. You mentioned that you have encountered an Installation Error Code: #0, 1002, 0x00000000. While trying to install the Trend Micro Maximum Security 2020 Beta software on your computer where a Trend Micro software is installed. The possible cause of this issue is the presently installed Trend Micro software on your computer. 

I will send an email to you to further assist you in this matter. Thank you for participating in the Beta Testing!

~Dan from Beta Team