Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 1:11 PM

VPN on PC

I use VPN on a Desktop PC. The "Always On" checkbox is dimmed because I never use an WiFi on it. How can I set VPN to be always on so I don't have to remember to turn on every time I connect to the Internet, start an email session, etc.?

tom_emmelot

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

32.3K Points

2分前

Hi @peter_ba1ce4 ,

I think "Always On" should be the right thing, even there is no Wi-Fi, but ask your VPN provider.

Here from you,

kind regards,

Tom

Brand User
tm_darryl

Hotshot

• 

23 Messages

• 

520 Points

2分前

Hi peter_ba1ce4 and ,

Thanks for your response, Tom. Having the option VPN Always on enabled will automatically turn on the protection to the included WiFi networks the moment your device connects to it. To add a WiFi network to the VPN Always On network list, please follow the steps from the link below under the section VPN Always On:

How to Use VPN Proxy One Pro

Hope this helps.

-TM_Darryl

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_darryl Thanks Darryl, but my issue remains as I use no WiFi, and so the "Always on" WiFi option does not function to keep the VPN running. I have to manually activate, and don't always remember to do that. What I need is a non-WiFi always on.

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

390 Messages

• 

7.5K Points

Hi peter_ba1ce4,

The feature " VPN Always ON " should work even if you're connected to a mobile data. Can you double check the settings menu and make sure that the subscription has been properly activated?

Also, you may click the link down below for more information How to use Trend Micro WiFi Protection.

How to use Trend Micro WiFi Protection

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

ONCE AGAIN...NO WIFI. ONLY A HARD WIRE CONNECTION. What I am asking is why I cannot achieve always on VPN with a hard wire network connection. I.e. there is no WiFi. No mobile. Zero. Nada. ONLY a HARD WIRE network CONNECTION.

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

574 Messages

• 

8K Points

Hi, peter_ba1ce4.

Trend Micro WiFi Protection turns any public hotspot into a secure WiFi via Virtual Private Network (VPN) with bank-grade data encryption to keep private information or personal data safe from hackers.

Here are its features:

• Turns public hotspot into a secure WiFi connection via Virtual Private Network (VPN)
  • Encrypts communication once connected to ensure privacy
  • Blocks dangerous and malicious websites

This protection ensures the safety of your WiFi connection and will not work if you are using a LAN connection.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

ONCE AGAIN...NO WIFI. ONLY A HARD WIRE CONNECTION. What I am asking is why I cannot achieve always on VPN with a hard wire network connection. I.e. there is no WiFi. No mobile. Zero. Nada. ONLY a HARD WIRE network CONNECTION.

tom_emmelot

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.3K Messages

• 

32.3K Points

2分前

Hi @peter_ba1ce4 

I think the information you give is not correct.

Can you tell me, the VPN is that the inbuilt Windows 10 Version, or another VPN provider?

Do you use "VPN Proxy One Pro"On your desktop?

Let me know what is the case.

Here from you,

Kind regards,

Tom

Need Help?

Ask the Community