Introducing Trend Micro Identity Protection! Experience the security you deserve – begin your 30-day free trial now!
Trend Security Expert
Work From Home Tech Tips
The 2020 pandemic opened the door wider to remote work set-up. It showed that many jobs can be done from home in a comfortable setting, even in pajamas. The shift from office to home becomes more common and many companies now offer hybrid setups to their employees. Job seekers' top considerations are remote or hybrid setups in looking for a company. This trend can improve work-life balance for all.
As remote work continues to gain popularity, professionals require dependable, comfortable, and secure home workspaces. If you plan to establish a home office, here are some top technology tips to enhance productivity for remote jobs.
1. Invest in high-quality gadgets.
- Laptop/Computer — Your computer is the heart of your work-from-home setup. All your work and side hustles will be done on your computer, so it’s important to invest in a high-quality machine that can handle all your workload. Don’t forget that it works hand in hand with a strong internet connection and the necessary software for your job.
- Noise-canceling headphones — These headphones can help you stay focused during video calls and virtual meetings especially if you live in a noisy environment. Noise-canceling headphones can be a game-changer, it uses technology to block out external noise, allowing you to focus on your work without distractions.
- Ergonomic Keyboards and Mouse — If your work-from-home job requires you to work on a project for a long, ergonomic keyboard and mouse to prevent repetitive strain injuries. Moreover, having an adjustable standing table is beneficial.
2. Set up a designated workspace
When working from home, it's tempting to work from the couch or bed for comfort and convenience. However, this can cause poor posture and strain on the neck and back. It's better to create a dedicated workspace with a comfortable chair and desk to maintain good posture. I'm someone who enjoys the comfort of working from bed. It's convenient to simply open my laptop right after waking up and begin working in just a few minutes.
3. Use specialized software tools
- Cloud-based storage systems — Like Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive can make it easy to access and back up your files from anywhere. This can be especially helpful if you need to collaborate with colleagues who are also working remotely.
- Video conferencing tools — Virtual meetings are now common in remote work, and it's essential to have the right tools like Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams. These platforms allow people to communicate with colleagues and clients globally, with features like screen sharing and virtual whiteboards to kick-start collaboration.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) — When working remotely, securing your sensitive data is very important. A virtual private network (VPN) can provide a secure internet connection and prevent unauthorized access by hackers.
These tech tips for home office setup can help you establish a productive and efficient workspace. Keep in mind that remote work demands focus and discipline, so staying organized and prioritizing tasks is critical. With the right tools and mindset, you can be as productive at home as you would be in the office.
Security essential for your remote set-up!
Download Trend Micro Maximum Security for even more protection, including Web Threat Protection, Ransomware Protection, Anti-phishing, and Anti-spam Protection.