Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wed, Jan 19, 2022 2:47 AM

Windows 11 on new laptop non responsive because of Trend Micro

Hi

Bought a brand new HP business laptop and decided to give Windows 11 a shot (wish I did not).

Well the problem is the machine does not respond and I really mean takes around 20 minutes to do a simple click on any button or menu function.

When I disable Trend Micro by stopping all components I have no problem at all. Updated to the latest Trend Micro version 17.7.1206 after reading it is compatible with windows 11 and at first, it seemed like my problems were sorted but soon realised it is not the case.

At this stage, my PC is without anti-virus.

Please help!

Legend

• 

644 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

4分前

Hi aninastokes,

This is not the usual behavior of our program. Can you please check if there's an incompatible software installed on your computer? Here's how to remove software incompatible with Trend Micro for Windows

You may also use our PC Health Checkup and follow the simple tips to help optimize your device.

How to use PC Health Checkup (Trend Micro Security for Windows)
How to speed up your slow PC

Let us know how it goes.

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

4分前

Unfortunately, that's happend with me, too. The machine slowed down almost unusably, the programs stopped for a long time and then ran on, the stuttering made the job very difficult. I was also forced to disable it.

János Balog

Brand User
tm_kim

Superstar

• 

613 Messages

• 

8.8K Points

Hi, balogjani.

Were you able to use our PC Health Checkup to help you optimize your device's performance? Check it out on this link: Improve computer performance with PC Health Checkup

Can you also provide the following details below so we can further check on your concern?

1. Free hard disk space:

2. Memory size:

3. Processor:

4. Trend Micro program version:

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Hi, Kim!

I installed PC Health Checkup but didn't use anything, it just slowed down the computer :(

Asus-E203M

Proc.: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz   1.10 GHz

Memory size: 4,00 GB (3,83 GB available)

Op. system: 64 bites op. sys., x64-based proc

Windows 11 Home, Ver. 21H2

Install. date: ‎2021. ‎11. ‎16.

Op. sys. build Nr. 22000.434

Windows Services Experience Pack: 1000.22000.434.0

SSD free space approx. 105 GB on C, and approx. 240 GB on D

Microsoft offered me to install Win11. Before installing Win11, it only takes approx. the machine was slow for ten minutes after the start, then it worked flawlessly.

Trend Micro Maximum Security

Version: 17.7.1275 (Component versions)

Serial Number: XKMX-0019-3026-9440-8922

Type: Full version

Expiration: 4/25/2023

SPN GUID: 41d1f980-84eb-4576-93e5-97b0e9473f43

Latest protection update: 02/02/2022.

Problems:

Trend Micro CPU usage is consistently between 35-45%.

drsdkcaller.exe: it ran in about ten copies

The computer often stops running, programs often stop running for 30 to 45 seconds, and then it runs until the next error (the program stops responding). Outages are related to a software operation (such as a menu command).

Stopping the Trend Micro will clear the jam. The computer is slower than it was under WIN 10, but if it is already set up, it will work properly.

Legend

• 

644 Messages

• 

11.3K Points

Thank you for the information, balogjani

Have you tried resetting the Trend Micro components? You may follow the steps below:

1. Press the Windows Key & R at the same time, the run window should appear.
  2. Type supporttool then click OK. The Trend Micro Diagnostic toolkit will open.
  3. Go to (C) Uninstall, click 5. Stop all Components & 2. Delete Now.
  4. Reopen the Trend Micro program, run a full scan and verify if the issues persist.

If that didn't work, please try to re-install latest version:

How to update Trend Micro Security for Windows

Hope this helps. 

- TM_Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community