Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Wed, Sep 1, 2021 6:16 AM

Closed

Who's brilliant idea was it to disallow certain characters (allowed in almost any other password criteria) for the settings password?

Why would you not allow characters allowed in almost any other program's password criteria? Why would a security product make their password requirements easier to crack versus harder? I'm so sick and tired of software that deviates from the norm or standard accepted practices for no good reason. I should be allowed to use a password of my choosing to protect the settings of the Trend Micro security application. This is plain ridiculous and has absolutely no rebuttal -- except for a fix immediately. I am floored that you won't allow me to use special characters. This is just retarded. How did this get by QA or product management? Are your software developers just that inept? Can I even trust your software to do anything except steal my personal information under the premise that you're protecting me?

Brand User
tm_angelo

Superstar

• 

349 Messages

• 

6.6K Points

3 m ago

Hi say2joe!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Thank you for the feedback! Regarding your suggestion, we will report this to our product team as a feature request and see if we can provide special characters in creating a password for your Trend Micro settings menu. Please let us know if you have other suggestions. Thanks!

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community